Truth behind

Though he spoke in an enthusiastic manner, I could notice a sort of disturbance in his face. I dared to ask him about that.

He replied, "Arjun, I came here with my little angel after a very long time. She said she would buy me something and disappeared an hour ago and yet she's not here. I called her once to accompany me. I'm worried about her safety. "

A typical father he is!

He continued, "nowadays men don't behave as men, do they? They give all sorts of disturbances to girls. Arrogants, just as we depict in our movies, right?"He said with a sigh.

He was so much concerned about her.
What if he denies my love for her?!....

I heard a happy "Dad!" behind us. I was quite sure of the voice. Of course, Ravi sir stood up with an amaze.

"Where have you been ,shruthi! I was so lost in your thoughts! "He said with a concern.

"Sorry dad, I was busy getting you a present. Let me give it in our home"

"Hey, let me first introduce you to my dearest director Arjun. Of course, you know him, but you've not met him in personal. Arjun, this is ma daughter, shruthi. "

I avoided eye contact with her. But I could feel a staring gaze at me. She smiled and sat before me. We greeted each other as if it were the first time.

Inspite of me not in the mood of being there more as I felt a bit uncomfortable, I was forced to because of Ravi sir.

"He is a very talented young bud in our industry, dear. He has a lot of talents hidden inside. I'm sure he's gonna evidence a very nice future." He kept on talking to her about me and my talents and my works and so and so....

"Sir, I'm not that all you're saying..... You're exaggerating sir.... "I said with a smile... a bit embarrassed.

He gave out a roar of laughter and said, "Arjun, even if I don't say it, she knows everything about you, my man! She knows you since you were with me. In fact, she knows everyone close to me. But she doesn't introduce herself to anyone. Even I used to say a lot about you to her. "

What's happening man! So she does know everything about me! My career's start and all my past with Ravi sir!

Actually, that sounds obvious because she was his daughter. But she should've told me before......

"He always talks about you and your works and your scripts..... I've always wished to meet you, the person who impressed my dad a lot more than anyone else. And now I'm glad to have you before me! "
She said it casually with her usual catchy smile.

I didn't know how to react. I just said, "oh! That's ma pleasure. Thank you sir, for holding me in your very good view. "

She rolled her eyes and smiled at me.

He said, "Sorry for now as I've got a meeting with a new producer at my office. Shruthi, is your friend coming here as soon as possible?"

"Yeah dad! She'll be here within half an hour"

"Till then, shall I be here? "

"Come on daddy, you have your meeting. She'll be here soon. I can manage. You go ahead dad. Meet you in the evening. "

"Okay, now that Arjun's here, I can leave you in his safety. When are you leaving, boy? "

"Not in an idea until evening sir"

"That's fine then. Take care of ma little angel. Bye dears! "

"Bye daddy"

"Bye sir"I stood up.

He left with a waving hand.

She started to eat her sandwich as if nothing had happened. I sat with an awe in ma eyes.

She lifted her eyebrows gesturing 'What happened? '

I forgot to even blink ma eyes. "You could've told me before"

"Really? What would've you done then? "She giggled.

I got stuck with that question.

"I don't know, but I really did not expect this 'blue shirt-man‘ turning to be my Godfather! "

"Actually, I'm sorry. I'm really worried about that. I understand how embarrassed you feel. But, you know, I don't easily reveal ma identity. I thought you knew me as you'd been with dad for about five years. Only after a few minutes of our journey I realised the fact. My dad had told a lot about you and I that you weren't interested in love. I ain't that cruel to deny your proposal with my suddenly revealing ma identity. I thought you would forget me and carry on with your life. I really didn't know that you were this serious! "

She said it within a breath. I was amazed to hear that.I didn't think she was able to speak it all so fast.

"Come on shruthi!Have a breath! Relax.... Hmm.... Ugh..... "I started laughing at her innocent face. Once she completed speaking, she began eating her left out sandwich. I kept laughing at her. Once I simmed, I said, "Never mind, whosoever's daughter you are ,one day, you'll be mine! "
I said with a smirk.

"Would you just stop your cinematic dialogues! I'm already done with them in ma dad's movies. You can't try them on me! "A smile bloomed up.

"Ahem...... That's okay, I did feel  guilty of betraying Ravi sir then. But, it's not like I'm flirting with you. I'm so serious. You know, I've never ever spoken like this in front of a girl before. I've made up my mind to accompany you throughout your life.Looks like you like this idea! Don't you? " I snatched her half-bitten sandwich and started eating it.

She, being shocked with ma words and action, looked confused.

She said, "how could you ever think that ma dad'll allow me to marry you, huh? I bet he.... "

"He'll surely accept it"

Not did she complete it, I filled the remaining ."I feared that a normal dad would be stubborn in  giving his daughter 's hand in marriage to a director and I thought a lot of convincing him. But now that your dad is a Great Director, I guess he will! "

"What if he doesn't want to, because he knew the difficulties my mom faced, by being away for weeks and months together and lack of privacy in public places and you know the remaining! "

"Your dad knows that, whatever be the situation,  I'll never leave your way.... Never! " I said with a confidence, and that was the truth indeed!

I really didn't know how would I get his permission for ma love, but I believed him to.

"Hey wait! First of all, I didn't give ma concern to your proposal, did I? "She raised her eye brows playfully.

"Not that everyone takes the help of words to express their emotions, some expose it through their beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile, just like you! "

............to be continued..............