Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I've probably said this before but I really can't believe how good our signing sounds together." I gushed when the song was over and an unfamiliar one began.

"We look pretty great together too." Damon repeated the same response he gave last time I complimented our singing together.

"Ha ha." I laughed sarcastically.

"I mean, we're the most popular people in school, just imagine us together. We could rule that place. No, we could rule the world." He said dramatically.

"Yeah, don't get too ahead of yourself big guy." I told him, patting him on the arm.

He rolled his eyes and muttered "Whatever."

I laughed and turned to look out the window. It looked like we were heading out of town and into the middle of nowhere, all I saw was woods on either side of the road.

"You're not taking me to the woods to kill me were no one can hear me scream, are you?" I asked, half joking, half serious.

He shot me a bewildered look and shook his head. "Why would I do that? I need you for our tree project, I don't wanna fail."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, I knew he was joking but that was still mean.

"Aw, did I hurt your feelings?" He asked in a baby voice, as if he was talking to a small child.

"No." I grumbled.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." He apologized.

My heart skipped a beat at my nickname and I knew that I had already forgiven him even though I was never really mad.

"Whatever." I mumbled, busy trying to figure out why that stupid nickname effected me so much.

After about an hour long car ride we finally arrived to wherever we were going.

Damon pulled up on the side of the road and told me I could get out while he got something from the trunk.

We were literally in the middle of nowhere, we weren't even on paved roads anymore, about ten minutes back he turned onto a dirt road.

Once he got what he wanted from the trunk he walked into the woods with me following close behind.

"Okay, now I really think you're gonna kill me." I told him.

He looked back at me and laughed, "I'm not gonna kill you. I promise."

I rolled my eyes, not fully convinced, but kept following him anyway.

We walked for ten minutes before Damon suddenly stopped and turned to me.

"This isn't usually where I'd bring a girl on a date, because most girls wouldn't appreciate it, but I think you will." He told me, then he stepped into a clearing and I walked in behind him.

I gasped at the utter beauty of the scenery.

We were in a meadow that had tall grass and colourful flowers, and there was a small, beautiful waterfall surrounded by trees, and a little pond that people could swim in at the bottom.

I turned to Damon and open my mouth to say something, anything, but couldn't find the words. I was speechless.

"Wow." I finally whispered.

He smiled that same warm smile that he gave me in the car. "You like it?"

I nodded furiously and smiled a big goofy grin.

"I'm glad you do, this is one of my favourite places to go." He told me.

"I'm totally making you bring me here all the time." I said and started running across the meadow to the waterfall.