Ch. 17 First Dates and Weddings

Start from the beginning

If I hadn't been leaning against the makeshift wedding arch I would've fallen back at the true work art that graced the room--Riley. She walked slowly down the aisle, making it all the more surreal. All the more hard to take in. I bit my lip trying to fight tears. Gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. She looked like a goddess, like something out a dream that couldn't possibly be real and be mine.

Her dress wasn't white.

In fact, it wasn't even close.

It was bright yellow and flowed not elegantly but dramatically behind her. The front of it lifted above her ankles revealing golden butterfly heels while the rest swept downward in a ruffly train. The farther back the train went the more glitter was shown and she literally glowed in the lights of the whole place. Every eye was on her and I had difficulty breathing.

A tear streamed down her face (making me loose it and allow three to fall down mine) as she gave a small giggle and fixed her golden flower & butterfly crown. She was truly the sun at this moment in time.

When she finally reached to the altar and stopped in front of me, (Maya stepped behind her, her own purple dress not looking too bad) I let my breath out.

"Wow...." Was all I could let out.

She laughed quietly, wiping a tear.

"We are gathered here today..." Someone named 'Feeny' went on.

I tuned out for most of it. Only staring into Riley's eyes and repeatedly memorizing what she was to me now. Girlfriend, wife, soulmate, yours. Yours. Finally completely yours.

"...Farkle." Feeny spoke sounding like he'd said my name a million times.

"Oh, uh, right." I chuckled along with the room.

Riley tilted her head, reaching for my hands as I pulled the paper from my pocket. I blushed and so did she, except on her it looked like a rosy glow in her royal glory. I probably looked like a nervous Hot Cheeto.

I cleared my throat, "Riley Matthews. If I am actually reading this and this is actually happening then I'd just like to thank you for putting up with my bullsh*t. Like my cursing even though most of you hate it. And my attitude since it really hasn't changed. And our whole unofficial thing because that just proved that I was not only selfish for wanting you yet wanting no commit on my half, but also a hypocrite for telling you that those things never work out and then dragging you into it. Thank you for caring about whether or not I wake up in the morning, get out the door safely and say hi to you at school. Thank you for letting me protect you when all you wanted was to be alone in this world with only maybe Maya at your side. And thank you so freaking much....for letting me love you and for taking this step with me. Because if you hadn't then I would never be able to publicly say that I love you and that that will never change for as long as I live. Forever and always. I promise. So thank you."

A small applause was given but the air was coated with warm 'awwws'. Riley wiped her tears and laughed through them.

"You're so very welcome, Farkle. I don't have anything prepared which is a disgrace because you're the one with dyslexia here and you wrote all of that." A small laugh went through everyone.

"But I do just wanna say that I, on the other hand, would like to say sorry. I'm sorry that when you came into the classroom that day that I didn't automatically acknowledge my attraction to you. I'm sorry that I dragged out our unofficial relationship because it only hurt you and your growth. I most of all, am sorry for how much hurt I caused you in getting to this point. But there are ups to those. Up number 1 is uh....well how amazing it is that you and Maya were at odds with each other and yet you didn't just use me to get to her. I mean sure your motives weren't always pure but you always cared for me. And up number 7689, give or take a few--" I chuckled, smiling at her, "Is simply the fact that we made it. We're here. We're not just another tragic love story blowing in the wind. We made it here and down have to go down in history because the earth and the sun will remember a love like ours. The two teenagers who's wedding day is also the day of their first date. The story of a bad boy with one too many piercings who brought beautiful to a sunshiney broken girl's disaster."

I stared at her, adoration laced in the with the tears of joy pouring down my once stone face. I hugged her, breaking the rules or tradition or whatever and didn't pull from it. It was tight and warm and safe.

"C-Can I please kiss her now?" I asked still hugging her.

"Sure." Mr. Feeny smiled his voice more warm that I'd expected.

I pulled from the hug and Riley was the one to impatiently jumped up onto me and smash her lips to mine. I caught her and kissed back, a huge smile on my face and the room erupted in applause. Maya's crying could be heard as she clapped the loudest. But I just focused on my Riles. The love of my life, who I'd be going on my first date with after we've been named 'Husband & Wife'

And you know what? It might not end well. We might get into a fight and have to take a break. It may be a disaster for a while. But that's the thing with us. It's always such a gorgeous one. Such a beautiful disaster.

                                                                                      THE END

***Comment if you want an Epilouge and comment if maybe you'd want a sequel??***