Chapter 15

"Don't let them kill me!" Cory yells as they put him in an ambulance. He was bleeding black and silver. The black was his weird chimaera blood and the silver was mercury. Cory is a failure.

Liam and Hayden have been back for five days. Liam and I have been checking on Hayden after every class. He seems worried about her. While usually I'd get jealous ,still don't like admitting that, I understand this time. In fact in the past five days we became friends ,but that only happened after Mason locked us in the storage closet one time. Plus she's in danger and she's our responsibility. We were supposed to look out for her and Cory. Now Cory is a failure. 

There's a full moon ,a supermoon, tomorrow night. For us it's going to be like the full moon on steroids. We're going to be stronger ,and more blood thirsty. What a delightful night ,right?

"Scott we have to follow them." Theo tells Scott. "We got to protect him ,right? Scott, come on...Scott!"  Scott wasn't answering Theo. "Scott, this is what you do." Theo said hitting his shoulder lightly. 

Scott just turned and walked into the school. Theo followed Scott. Mason stayed outside looking shocked. I went and found Liam. We both found Hayden on the stairs by the lockerroom.

"It's Cory ,isn't it?" Hayden asked.

"Yeah, they took him to the hospital." Liam told her.

"That means I'm next. They're comin for me." Hayden said ,sounding panicked.

"They're coming for all of us ,which is why we got to get out of here." Liam told her.

"Come on." I held my hand out for her. She grabbed it and I tugged her arm trying to catch up with Liam who already started leaving.

***

Liam and I took Hayden to the club she works at. She was worried about us getting hurt but I reassured her it was going to be okay. Then the projectors in the club started acting up.

"They're here." She states the obvious.

We hid behind the bar ,by the end of the counter. I heard the footsteps and they kept getting closer. Liam grabbed one of my hands. Then Hayden reached over and grabbed the other. 

Why is everyone grabbing me? She's looking for comfort and I'm no good at that.

The footsteps stopped on the other side of the bar. The Dread Doctor turned ,I heard his feet shuffling to turn. Then the glass bottle on the counter smashed. None hit us though.

Liam pulled on me trying to get me to run. I tugged on Hayden to get her to come. We all ran only to be stopped by a Dread Doctor being right in front of us.

The Dread Doctor hit Liam in the head with his cane. Liam fell to the ground. That left me and Hayden.

I growled out the Dread Doctor ,bringing out my claws and fangs. 

***

Let's just say that I got my ass kicked. It's like any hit you throw at them doesn't affect them. They barely budge. 

I just got threw across a booth table and onto the bench ,landing on top of Liam. I got off Liam by sitting on the table. 

"Hayden, run!" I yelled at her. 

The Dread Doctor started moving towards Hayden. Hayden was backing away from him. Then there was a loud growl. Scott's here.

Scott ran ,jumped ,and hit the Dread Doctor in the face as he came down. didn't affect him. Liam got up and grabbed the Dread Doctor's arm. He started punching his stomach. All the Dread Doctor did was push Liam to the ground.