Chapter 17

"No."

"But what if I-"

"No Michael."

"But I'm hungry," the redheaded boy whined beside me, he had recently dyed it and somehow the majority of his hair is still intact. I pushed at him with my arm to stop him from grabbing the cupcake in my hand, it was the last one and I was willing to eat it no matter how much Michael pleaded, "please Jess."

"No, it's my cupcake and so I'm eating it," I huffed pushing at the boy, "now leave me alone."

Michael sat back and crossed his arms, a pout showing up on his pale face. I smirked and went to take a bite out of the cupcake until Ashton walked into the room with a straw poking out of his mouth.

"What are you doing?"

He turned to me on the couch, raising his eyebrows, "nothing."

"Why have you got a straw?"

"Because I can," Ashton frowned, taking the straw from out of his mouth and holding it between his finger and thumb, he shrugged and put it back in his mouth, "I'll be back in a minute."

And then he was off out of the room, leaving me to sit here confused. Sighing, I looked down at the cupcake in my hands, only it wasn't there and Michael wasn't beside me either. A groan escaped my lips and I stood up from the couch, stomping my foot.

"Michael!"

"What?" He called back, returning into the room with his mouth covered in icing.

"You ate my cake, you asshole," I growled.

"No I didn't?"

"Yes, you did."

"Well I didn't, obviously."

"Michael,"

"Prove it," he smirked, wiping at his mouth with the back of his sleeve. I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"That's just disgusting."

Michael looked down at his sleeve and frowned, "ah, shit."

Shrugging off his jacket, he held it out to me with a smile on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at the now dirty jacket.

"What?"

"Can you wash it for me?"

"Fuck no," I laughed, pushing his jacket back towards him.

He scrunched his face up at me and dropped the jacket on the floor, before muttering a "rude" and sat down on the couch. I frowned at the jacket on the floor, turning to tell Michael to pick it up before Ashton walked back into the room with a juice box.

"Sorry, I forgot the drink that goes with it."

Michael turned to stare at Ashton, a sly smirk spreading across his face until the laugh that he was trying to hold in burst out. Ashton glared at him and rolled his eyes, falling onto the couch beside Michael.

"What's so funny?"

"Who forgets the drink, bro." Michael said between the last of his laughs.

"Who forgets to check their hair every day to see if it's still there."

Michael's hand reached up to his hair, grasping onto the end of it to make sure it was there, "jerk."

Ashton laughed beside him, "you're a dipshit,'

"Yeah, yeah very funny."

"Guys, where's Calum?" I called out to them both, cutting off their conversation. Both eyes turned to me and stared for quite some time as if in thought, then Michael shrugged turning back around to the tv.