Chapter 15

Turns out that Calum's reaction to me going on a date with Luke wasn't so bad after all, instead he seemed to just stare at me for a few seconds more before turning away and putting things away that didn't even need putting away.

Luke on the other hand told me that he'd call me, a pink blush showing up against his pale skin, which made me smile ever so slightly before I turned away and headed into the bathroom across the hall.

Calum hadn't spoken a word to me after that, ignoring me was an understatement, he was pretending as if I was invisible.

My hands clamped together as I waited patiently for Luke to arrive in the living room of our small apartment, my eyes staring at the blank TV in front of me as I waited for the soft knock at the door.

Calum had decided to go visit Ashton or Michael and so I had gotten ready extra early as I had nothing to do, leaving me to sit here for almost two hours before Luke was supposed to come knocking at my door.

The only problem with Luke having a broken leg was that he couldn't drive, or walk up the stairs for that matter. And so as soon as my phone vibrated in my back pocket and lit up with a message from Luke, I sighed and grabbed hold of the keys before even glancing down.

Noodle:
Just realised that the building your staying in doesn't have an elevator

Hood queen:
Yeah sorry, it sucks :( I'll meet you down there

Noodle:
Okay :-)

I locked my phone and locked the front door behind me too, stuffing the keys into my bag before hurrying down the hallway and down the set of stairs that droned down to the bottom floor. Already out of breath by the first set of stairs.

I pushed the door open to exit the complex and raked a hand through my hair, my eyes checking my surroundings until I saw the blonde lanky boy only moments away. He spotted me and waved his free hand, that wasn't holding up a crutch, over to him and I obliged by stepping over.

"Sorry," he apologised sheepishly, gesturing down to his leg, "I can't walk up stairs."

"Nah don't worry," I laughed, "we can just blame Calum for whatever happens."

"I'm already ahead of you on that one."

I smiled, pushing my hands into my jacket pocket awkwardly as I glanced around at the busy road beside us and the passing of people that crowded the street.

"I found this really cool ice cream parlour a couple of streets down," he told me, his eyes lighting up at the thought of ice cream, "I thought you'd like it."

"Yeah that's great," I replied nodding my head enthusiastically, "let's go."

He took off as soon as I said that, somehow staying in line as we headed down the busy street filled with business men and single moms pushing a pushchair along the gravelly path, muttering their sorry's to anyone they bump into. Cars whizzed by, comparing from blue jeeps to red Aldi R8's and a few taxis from here and there.

Luke gave me a sidelong glance, his blue eyes reflecting a small glimmer as the sun hit his eyes. He squinted, his long light eyelashes brushing off the tips of his cheekbones, and opened his mouth to say something in a soft tone, "how have you been Jess?"

I smiled, my dark eyes darting over to take a look at the blonde boy beside me before replying, "could be better."

"Better?"

I hummed, looking away and at the building in front of us. It was a small shop on the corner of the street, it's windows covering up the majority of the wall, showing a perfect view of the place inside. My eyes grazed over the white coloured walls and to the sign that hung overhead, saying Udderlicious.