Chapter 3

My eyes grew wide as he let out a laugh, his eyes lighting up at how hilarious he thought this was.

"Your face is priceless." He managed to get out before he burst out in another fit of giggles.

My eyes squinted at him, sending him a glare. I can't believe he just did this, was he trying to mess with my feelings?

What feelings? A voice said at the back of my head, you don't like him do you?

"Of course I don't." I muttered to myself, my hands coming up to massage my temple. I could feel a headache coming on, so I got up and walked out into the kitchen.

It wasn't that far to walk, since all I really needed to do was walk down the hall and I'll be there. I guess it was easier to get around being here; harder to get away from Calum though.

Once I reached it, my mother was sitting down at the kitchen table, sipping her tea whilst reading the newspaper.

"Hey mom." I sighed, reaching into the cupboard to find something to eat. I ended up finding a mars bar, so I ended up eating that.

"Hey Jess." She glanced up at me slightly, before returning to her paper. "How's Calum?"

"Calum is fine." I muttered, throwing the wrapper in the bin. I was mad at her for making me sleep in the same room as the idiot, who was unfortunately my brother.

"What did he do now?" She sighed, placing the paper down so that she could actually look at me.

"Nothing." I simply replied and as if he knew we were talking about him, he strolled into the kitchen, a smug look on his face as he winked at me.

I sent him a glare before grabbing a can of Pepsi from in the fridge, and exiting the kitchen. I heard him and my mom talking about something, probably about me. But I decided to ignore it and slouch on the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv hoping something good was on.

"Jess." I heard Calum call from the kitchen, but I simply just ignored him focusing on the film that was in front of me. I didn't even know what it was but it seemed interesting, well, more then Calum anyway.

"Jess." He called again, I let out a sigh as I tuned around slightly, seeing him standing in the doorway. He had a smirk on his face and I just wanted to slap him, but I knew I couldn't, I didn't want to get grounded because I'd be stuck in here, with him.

"What?" I growled, making his smirk grow wider.

"Nothing." He laughed, he moved from where he was standing and came to sit beside me. I scooted further away from him, not wanting him beside me right now but he just moved closer to me.

"What you watching?" He asked, trying to be interested in what I was watching.

"None of your business." I hissed, grabbing the remote that was beside him and turning off the tv.

"Come on." He groaned, "that looked like a good film."

I sent him another glare and he shut up, but it didn't stop that awful smirk that was still playing on his lips. I picked up my can of Pepsi and continued to sip at it, ignoring the presence of Calum being beside me.

"Calum?" My mother called, and I let out a sigh of relief as he stood up to see what she wanted. Hopefully she got him to go shopping or something so he wouldn't be here for another two hours.

The thought soon disappeared as Calum walked back into the room, he sent me a cheesy smile before bouncing back onto the couch, this time on the other side so that he could lift his feet up and place them on my lap.

"What did she want?" I decided to ask, not that I wanted to know or anything, I was just a curious person.

"Oh, she said we have to go out later." He shrugged.

"What? Why?"

"Someone's coming round or something." He scratched the back of his neck, "she said it's important and that we need to be out of the house."

"What if I don't want to go out?" I shrugged, my attention turning back to the blank tv.

"I don't know, but I sure as hell don't want to find out."

"This isn't fair." I groaned, I have no where to go so I'll end up being stuck with Calum.

"We could go Luke's." He smirked, "since I know you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends." I gasped as I hit him on the arm. "They're just all yours."

"Yeah whatever." He rolled his eyes at me before getting up, he walked over to the front door and pulled on his shoes where I just sat there and watched him. He turned around to see me, looking at me as if I was stupid. "You coming or what?"

"Yeah, hang on." I sighed, I stood up and headed over to our bedroom. Going through all of my bags looking for a jacket of some sort, I found a beige one though at the bottom of one and just decided to put that on. I grabbed some converses and slipped them on my feet, having to untie the shoelaces first then tie them back up.

Once I was finished I walked out of the room and met up with Calum, he was looking down at his phone, his eyes squinting at whatever he was looking at. A small cough escaped my lips so that I could grab his attention, but he just ignored me and carried on with what he was looking at.

"Calum." I groaned, my eyes scanning over the small hallway.

"Jess." He mimicked me and I just stuck my tongue out at him, even though he couldn't see me.

After just standing there for a couple more minutes, he finally put the phone back in his pocket and opened the door. He turned round to me and smiled, "let's go."

***

Stay happy Calum, we love you to infinity and beyond :(