Chapter 12

The week went by pretty fast, the last thing I remember was me and Ashton going to a club for my birthday, the rest of the week was a blur and my stomach churned at the thought of going home and having to meet Calum again.

My birthday wasn't that great, of course I had Ashton with me and we went to that club for a few hours which helped me take my mind off things, but I didn't get a message off a single person saying happy birthday, and it kind of hurt. A lot.

I was now sitting on the bed in one of the rooms, my suitcase in front of me full of new clothes, reminding me that I needed to pay Ashton's grandmother back some how. I needed to get a job when we get back anyway, my mom has stopped spending money on me due to the fact I needed to do stuff on my own.

Not that she tells Calum to do that, he probably still gets money whenever he wants from her. It sucked being the second favourite in the family, I was always told to be mature at a young age and because I'm younger I need to respect them, including Calum. My mom hardly payed attention to me and my dad was never around, it's like I'm stuck in a house full of people who don't even care about me.

Ashton was in the next room, I could faintly hear him through the wall as he spoke to someone on the phone, I didn't know who he was talking too and I couldn't care less. As much as I hated to go home I would much rather be there right now.

Ashton came into the room seconds after he hung up to the person on the other end of the line, Ashton smiled at me his dimples popping out on either side of his cheeks as he picked up his bag along with mine. He checked around the room before looking back at me. "You ready?"

I smiled weakly at him before I nodded, standing up and digging my hands into my jackets pockets. Ashton looked over me one last time before he walked out of the room, me following him shortly after. We made our way down the stairs and towards the front door before Ashton spoke up, his voice was full of worry, it made my heart warm to know that he cares.

"Are you okay?" He asked, finally bringing up the bags to place them in the back of the car. I was silent at his question before he turned round to me, his eyebrows were raised and his arms were crossed over his chest. "You're really quiet this morning."

"It's just the thought of going home." I muttered, turning away and heading into the passenger seat of the car, Ashton sat at the drivers seat and turned on the engine.

"I thought you wanted to go home though?" He replied, it was more of a question than a statement, as if he was asking if I wanted to actually go home.

I nodded my head, looking outside of the window as I felt Ashton's eyes on me, "I do."

"Then what's up?" He asked, finally driving out of the huge driveway. I turned to him, my eyes watching him as he concentrated on the road.

"I told you, I like it here but I want to go home too. I don't know." I shrugged, leaning back in my seat and resting my head against the back of my chair. Ashton glanced at me one last time before he turned away, his eyes holding concern.

"Just get some sleep." He muttered, as my eyes began to shut close. The last thing I heard was Ashton saying something I couldn't hear before I disappeared into a blissful sleep.

<><><><>

The flight home was longer than the flight to America, all I could think of was the horrible thoughts about what would happen between me and Calum when we got home, I was going to tell him to just ignore his feelings as I will mine, so that we could be brother and sister again.

He knew that it'd never work so he has to be able to understand, I could talk to him and tell him how I feel about the whole situation and that we should distant ourselves from each other, but be able to live in the same house.