Chapter 19

I stared at him, my eyes wide with disbelief. Me, his 'girlfriend'. He must be out of his mind, or, at least drinking too much. I hope he wasn't on drugs! I subconsciously checked his eyes to see if they were red. Nope, nothing. He chuckled and smirked slightly.

"Is that a yes or a no? I mean, I can't read your mind you know". I closed my mouth slowly, not realizing I had parted it a bit out of confusion. There has to be a catch. There had to be, I mean, there should have been. I blinked, my eyes still wide with shock.

"What?", I said. He laughed again. "I know you heard me." I gulped hard. "What's the catch?" He looked hard at me, all amusement fled from his face. He probably didn't think I'd be this curious. "I want you to be my girlfriend." I laughed awkwardly. "You have so much explaining to do. Talk to me during lunch or something. You know, when there aren't people staring at us." We looked around and surely, most of the students were staring at us. The girls were giving me death glares. I was still bewildered. Even though I suggested to meet him at lunch, what was all of that about? I mean, Ryan must have been out of his mind. He probably needed time to think because of the stress college gives us.

The bell rang loudly and everyone ran out of the class. I quickly checked my binder for my next class, which I found out was Home EC. I looked around the room in search of Angela and she was nowhere to be found. I looked to the right and spotted Dylan talking with Ryan. Dylan looked kind of mad and I could tell by Ryan's face, that he hadn't retained a single thing of what Dylan had just said to him. I thought about what Ryan had said. What would I say? Yes or no?

Time finally came for when we could have lunch. I didn't know that you had to go through six classes before getting a break. That was the true meaning of exhausting. I sat down at one of the tables on the compound after I had found out where Hillary, Angela, and Laura were. Turns out, they were all shooting spitballs at each other in the 'out of order' bathroom next to the teachers lounge. I thought we were supposed to be mature in college. Actually, I didn't see the difference in it from high school.

Scholarsdale College was actually structured differently than other colleges. It had nine class periods and two break periods. If you thought about it, it kind of was structured like a high school, but with many differences. No matter how much the school board disagreed with the structure, they couldn't voice their opinions. Any person who graduated from this school resulted in benefiting America in some way. This college also taught any major that you could conjure up, that made actual sense.

We seated ourselves around the table and began a long talk. I kept checking my phone for a message from Ryan, while tuning out Hillary, who was talking about a day in Summer camp. I looked around the whole yard and spotted Ryan five paces away from the school Garden. I needed to follow him.

"Bye guys! I need to talk to.... to.... The Principal! Y-Yea, that's right." Laura and Angela waved goodbye and continued to eat, but Hillary was staring at me as if I had just grown two heads. She stood up and picked up her bag and jacket. I held my hand up to stop her. "Where do you think you're going?" She smiled wickedly and replied with, "I'm coming too. Unless you aren't actually going to the principal". I guess Hillary could tell when I was lying. I didn't know what to do so I gave up. "Fine, but follow me". Hillary and I walked towards the school Garden and entered.

I looked back and saw Hillary puzzled and confused. "Why are we going to the garden?" I answered carefully, "I need to meet with Ryan". She ran up ahead to catch up with me since I was walking so fast. "You see, I knew you still liked him." I huffed, unable to disagree with her sudden outburst. I did still like Ryan, but I couldn't help but wonder.... Am I being punked? I mean, he did tell me it was all a joke last year so.... Why am I so confused? Well I came here to talk to him, to figure this out.