Unpredictable ~ Chapter 3.

Start from the beginning

"Don't kid yourself, you're like my puppet, I could easily possess you, look how close I got."

"Just shut up, Would you? How come you never used that one before anyway?"

"Since you forgot about the incident long ago, you never seemed to be scared of it, however thanks to your heart to heart with lover boy, yesterday, I discovered the true fear you hold within the incidence and used it to my advantage. Shame you found out though." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Heart to heart?" I raised a brow.

"Recently, you seem to be experiencing these weird positive feelings, it's gross."

I remained quiet, I had no idea how to respond.

"Guess I'm going to have to do more digging around, oh by the way. You're going to be late."

"You little sh-"

"Bye, Y/N, Until we meet again."

I sat up gasping, my body was slick with sweat and my cheeks were stained with tears from the dream.

I turned my head to look at the alarm clock, I had 10 minutes.

"D/N, you little shit. I swear to God..." I jumped out of bed and dashed to the shower, praying that I wouldn't have to feel the wrath of Guren.

~•~

I ran through the office door, a panting mess.
"I'M HERE! I'M NOT LATE. I'M ONE MINUTE EARLY!" I exclaimed,

Guren turned his head with an amused expression on his face, "What happened to knocking?"

"Huh? Were you doing something?"

"I could've been."

I laughed, "As if you have important meetings in here."

"Who said I was talking about meetings?" Guren now had a grin on his face,

"What do you mean? Don't you only do work in here or something."

Guren burst out laughing, I didn't understand what was so funny.

"What?" I blushed,

"You're so naïve, it's nearly cute." His laughter died down and I was still confused but I shook it off.

"Anyway, why were you late?" His face now wore a serious expression on it and no evidence of his laughter remained on his face.

"I told you I wasn't late, I was 1 minute early!" I defended myself,

"Whatever clock you were using was wrong, you were 15 seconds late." He deadpanned,

"Are you kidding me? It was just 15 seconds,"

"A lot can happen in 15 seconds, Y/N. In the army time is valued a lot. 15 seconds is enough time for a large quantity of your comrades to be killed, I expected you to know this already." He scolded me,

"I'm sorry, geez. It couldn't be helped anyway, it was my demon." I said exasperated.

"What weapon type do you own?"

"Black demon series."

"Not bad, but they're hell. I own one too."

"So you know about their torturous ways? Cool. Am I forgiven now?"

"Don't you have an alarm clock or something?"

I remained silent, signalling that I didn't.

"Seriously? I recommend getting yourself one. Anyway today I want you to assist me with training the newbies for their weapons, Second Lieutenant Sayuri Hanayori will be joining us."

"Yes, sir." I said sarcastically,

"Great, let's go." He said, completely disregarding my lack of enthusiasm.

~•~

"Ok, brats, today you will be trained in how to handle the cursed gear." Guren deadpanned and I sighed,

"Please, remember that this training will determine which candidate you will be for which weapon you will wield, so do your best!" Sayuri chimed in,

Sayuri had wheat coloured hair, with the front part braided and her left side tied back, while her right side remained to flow freely to her shoulders. Her brown eyes held innocence and purity and she spoke in sweet and calm tone, she was really nice and I grew fond of her.

"Yeah, the two ladies will escort you to where training will be held." Guren finished,

"And what will you do?" I asked suspiciously,

"What is there for me to do? You two have this covered." He said, relaxed and laid back,

"This coming from the leader" I rolled my eyes,

"Exactly, I am your leader and I order you to train these children so well, that even I will wet myself, like Yuu, and beg for mercy if I attempted to cross one of them."

"Oi! Guren, why drag me into your petty argument?" Yuu yelled in fury,

"Tell me I'm wrong."

"SHUT UP, I NEVER WET MYSELF!" Yuu yelled, and sniggers were heard across the classroom, although poor Yuu was shown no mercy when Shinoa decided to have her share in the 'Torment Yuuichiro time'.

"So, wetting the bed, huh? I wonder what erotic dream you were having." Shinoa wriggled her eyebrows and I laughed but decided to put Yuu out of his misery.

"Ok, that's enough. Let's go." I shook my head and lead the kids down to the bunkers, alongside with Sayuri.