00 | 10

•••

00 | 10

Rachel was absent today from school, so it was just Danielle and Lynn today in lunch. She blabbered on about how hot the guys were and how she wished they would randomly fall in love with her. Lynn picked at her bought lunch of lasagna and a spoiled salad, something that didn't appeal to her.

"-But then he kissed her and started making out with her and all. Ya' know, with tongue and stuff, and I just said, 'Seriously man? Way to cover up you're secret affection towards me'. and then walked away." Danielle said, taking a nibble of a french fry. "I don't understand why he trys to hide it. It's not like, I'll reject him?"

"Danielle, not all boys are going to fall for you, just like that." Lynn spoke out finally.

Danielle smirked and shook her head. "Speaking of boys falling for people? How's project date-to-dance going?"

Lynn raised an eyebrow. "There's a name now?" Danielle nodded and leaned forward to listen. Lynn scoffed and put her fork down, rubbing her hands on her jeans nervously.

"Well, I feel kind of awkward around him, so I guess it's not meant to be." Lynn shrugged and looked away, avoiding Danielle's hard gaze.

"Ha!" Danielle giggled, some people looking at her from her volume. "I knew you couldn't do it."

Lynn shook her head. "I just think, you need to pick someone different, maybe.."

Danielle leaned back and thought for a moment, then smirked. "Sure. But you still have to kind of try with Wyatt. You just, try harder with whoever else I work."

Lynn shrugged and nodded. "Alright. Who's my guy now?"

Danielle grinned widely. "Alexander." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and looked over to their table, Lynn following pursuit. She froze when she saw Wyatt's eyes on her, but he simply smiled and looked away like it didn't happen.

"He seems to like you already, so, it should make it easier for an inexperience girl." Danielle teased.

Lynn rolled her eyes, standing and picking up her bag. "Ill go ask him right now, if he wants to hang out. I'll use the homework excuse." She smirked and walked over to their table, everyone's eyes falling onto her.

"H-Hi.." She whispered awkwardly, suddenly noticing how nervous and weird she's being. She cleared her throat and continued. "A-Alex, do you want to come over to my house later and help me with my history homework? I know we have the same teacher and I was j-just wondering.."

Alex sat up and nearly fell backwards, brushing his hair down, his face flushing. "Uh, y-yeah.. Yeah! Why not.. I think I already finished so, I'll be able to help." He said in reply, smiling kindly to her.

Lynn nodded and looked to Wyatt who was glaring at Alex. She rubbed her hands together anxiously and nodded, looking back to Alex. "Kay, thanks. See you then.."

Then turning around, she walked straight back to Danielle to tell her, and then walked out early. She thought over both of the guys reactions; Alex's glad and willing responce, and Wyatt's seemingly angry or disappointed responce to Alex.

Lynn said a quiet prayer that things would work out and turn out for the best. Whether she broke someone's heart with her false intentions. As long as she proved Danielle wrong.