Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare

Start from the beginning

I would, but I am crying to hard to even speak, my body is just racked with shaking so I tuck my head into her shoulder and let the tears flow instead. Since the birth of my child I have been strong on the outside in front of everyone that counts for the last week, but now I guess it is finally time for me to just give in and break down and let it all out. I have no more reasons to be strong for anyone else least of all myself. I let myself cry and cry while Lady Gaia holds onto me wrapped tightly in her arms like a mother to a child. It feels safe and warm, secure even, I am free to let my emotions go freely. I hear the others come up around me quietly, but no sounds are made, then slowly one by one I feel their arms join in around me. I feel the love of my family holding me tightly. I am loved deeply. Love!

Once my emotions are finally under control I feel them release me, and they help me to stand. No words are spoken we all understand what has just happened needed to happen. It was a release I needed desperately, and now I can move on with my life. We forgo training for the day and flash out to the lake for a relaxing day swimming instead. It was just what I needed instead to clear my head further.

The next day we are all back downstairs practicing together with no further outbreaks from me, it is as it should be. The next few weeks are more of the same I have finally started getting my strength back, and my elemental powers have increases ten fold from what they were before becoming pregnant. I still retain some of the babies powers within me. I have powers I never could have imagined having before, and they seem to keep growing. I keep wondering if this is an effect of the baby or a blessing by the Goddess herself for my part in the delivery of the Spirit Child. Either way, I am thankful I have them, they will be of great help in the future if we ever come across a need to fight that one great battle described in The Book of The ONES. I for one surely hope to never need them; I prefer not to have to ever have to fight. There is always another way around fighting in my book.

It has finally come back to me why my parents and I don't get along very well, It is for that very reason I believe there is always a way around fighting; where as my parents believe that it is best to take out their enemy first before they can ever strike, don't ask questions just get in there and get it done before they have the chance to strike first. Don't ask why they want to attack you just eliminate the threat first. Whereas, I want to know why I am being threatened first, then see if I can come up with a way to solve the problems. We fought about it since I was old enough to speak my mind as a mid teen and stand up for myself for it afterwards.

I had to move my training out to the far side of the lake with Lady Gaia finally with my powers increasing the way they were. We had no way to contain them in our training room even after multiple visits by both Lady Samantha and Lady Xandria to try to increase to barriers to ward off my attacks. They finally gave up and told me to train outside where it was safer for all. Lady Gaia, decided to keep me company so she could have more room to practice with her earth talents as well. The one thing we have both been noticing is that she is slowly loosing her powers with the spirit she has had from the very beginning. They seem to be weaning as time goes on, while her powers of earth keep getting stronger and stronger day by day. If I didn't know any better I would swear she was on the verge of totally loosing all of her spirit powers within the next few weeks. If that should ever happen then we will all be in a world of hurting.

It has only been three full moon since I had my little one, Diana, and I have had not one dream of her since, so I am beginning to wonder if that dream was just a fluke, a mother wishing for something that will never happen, just a mother in pain after the loss of a baby during childbirth. It is really beginning to look that way, we are coming upon the summer solstice, and I have to go back to Germany with my teem to lead the ceremony that will be held by the, Supreme Witches there during the New Moon. A once in a lifetime thing, so they tell me; it happens every one hundred thousand years, making this one even more special. I truly am not looking forward to going to it.

***** Summer Solstice *****

It has been four and a half lunar moons since the birth of my little one and I am required to be in Germany tonight. We are gathered in the sitting room together for a family meeting, fasting is required on this holy day, and we are to all show up at dusk dressed in our finest with the exception of yours truly. They have sent along a special gown made just for me to wear to tonight's ceremony. It is a combination of my green on the bottom with green that blends down into the different greens of the gown. It is actually quite stunning along with two tone green high heels. Like I will be able to walk in them. And, if all that is not bad enough to top it all off, a crown of sparely silver to wear in my hair that must be worn flowing down my back. I swear, I am going to feel like a clown dressed like this; I will be so out of my element.

We all join hands and flash as a large group together to the center of the garden where they requested we attend. Our whole staff is with us, Wilda, Stela, Maria, Viorel, Julie included along with the four of us. It made quite the statement when we all arrived in a bright flash. We were all standing there as a group with me in the center. You've never seen so many people drop to their knees at one time in your life; all but myself and my group that is. I forbade it. “Rise.” I called out the moment I realized what they were all doing. 'Oh Goddess graces here we go again.' I thought to myself.

Lady Gaia took my hand and led me over to all the other Witches at the head of the garden area while the rest of my family went to mingle with everyone else. When I walked up to them it was more of the same they all went down on one knee before me. “Oh come on get up please.” They all stood back up and came up to me like a swarm of bees.

“Your Grace, it is so good to see you again,” Lady Xandria came up to me and lightly hugged me. Then pulled away. “We are here to help you tonight with the ceremony, do you have anything you plan to say to the Goddess on our behalf?” She waiting for me to speak.

“Um... I didn't know I had to.” Oh great what next.

“No problem, I have just the thing for you. Can you memorize this in a few minutes?” She handed me a shift of paper filled with a speech for me to recite. I looked it over it was short, but to the point. I can do this.

“Yes, give me a few minutes and I should be able to handle it.” I told her. I went over to the side of the flower garden and sat down on the low wall where the light from the candles was bright enough for me to read by and started to memorize what she had written for me.

The ceremony started right at high midnight, The Witching Hour, when the new moon was to be at it's strongest point. How they knew this was beyond me it just looked like a pitch black sky with very bright stars shining. I stayed where I was reading and memorizing the sheet till I had it down pat then when it was my time I stepped forward before the group of witches and as per the sheet raised both of my arms to the heavens and repeated my phrase:

Oh Holy Mother Goddess Bless My People Down Before Us.

I The Chosen One The Mother Of Diana

Beg for A Blessing, Shine Down Your Light.

That We May Live By Your Love, Guide Us In Your Ways.

Bless Us Mother Goddess, Bless Us This Day.

I Thy Chosen One Beg Of Thee.

I knelt down on both knees and prayed to my Goddess Mother for a few seconds with my head bowed to the groung as I was instructed by the paper I read. I actually prayed for my child that she was okay and doing fine. When I went to get up a loud quake of thunder rose up after a flash of lightning had flashed which I had only barley seen with my eyes closed. I can only assume it struck close to me because of all the AARHs and OHs that I heard before I finally opened my eyes to look around.

Everyone was still making those same noises and pointing up to where I stood, but my eyes hadn't adjusted to the bright light that they had shining down from the castle wall upon me. I was temporally blinded to what they were all pointing at. I just figured it was me, and I started backing away, blushing, I know because I could feel it in my eyes they were heating up. But, the further back I stepped the better I could see a shadow of another person that had been standing right by my side. Who was it? Which witch was by my side the whole time I was giving my speech? Was it Lady Gaia like I requested. I turned my head to the right, and she was there with all the other witches. Then who was standing by my side that whole time. I stepped forward again to see who it was.

I was spellbound. It was!