Part 3

Kenshin's pov.

It was hell being here in the village and I watched Naruto and his team be tested to see if they were ready for the chunin exams. It was sad and pathetic but I could see that something was going on more so between Kakashi and Naruto. I had noticed it in the hot spring the other night and the exams would be starting tomorrow so I planned on training Naruto like normal. So here I was in front of him as he moped about the village, they weren't kind to him at all which only fuel my rage at them. "Oi demon stop right there." Two male voices says making Naruto's eyes go wide as he turns in time to see his twin younger brothers rushing at him. I wasn't going to let them do anything so I pick him up by the back of his jacket before walking away. I had my sword with me so I just hook him to it as it was placed over my shoulder causing him to hang in the air. "Wait put me down. Old man." Naruto whines playfully but I could hear how happy he was I was taking him away from the twins. 'Old man as if.' I think with a silent chuckle. "Uncle wait up. You can't take him with you he said he would train with us." One of the twins says making me pause for half a second then turn making Naruto swing back and forth on the sheath of my sword so I could look at the twins. "Well he is coming with me because I want to talk to him. Go find someone else to beat up before the exams and tell your father the answer is no." I say before turning and walking once again. As I walked people pointed and whispered about Naruto and about me, most of the stuff they said about Naruto was negative and made me want to attack them. I pass the Uchiha, another thorn in my side that has been demanding training from me. He glared at Naruto who was failing at fighting to get off my sword but I just bounced him to stop him. "Train me." The Uchiha demands now that he was in front of me keeping me from walking. The pink haired banshee was around as well and she was watching what was going to make a big deal me turning him down once again.

"Not unless you catch my eye during the exam." I say like I did every time he or the twins asked me. He glares at me before looking at Naruto. "What are you doing with the dobe?" The Uchiha asks and I give a small sigh. "Talking, he looks like a kid who knows the village well." I say before walking around the brat only to hear the banshee talking about how cool her Saskue-kun was and how lame Naruto is. I just walk to where my team was waiting for us and as we walked I think of what I was going to work on with Naruto. We haven't trained since we left to come here and I was worried about Naruto a lot. "Where are you taking my student?" Kakashi asks as he falls into step next to me after he had taken one glance over at his boyfriend on the end of my sword. "To talk and maybe see how he fights. I'm interested in maybe training him. You can watch." I say making him sigh before nodding his head slightly. Kakashi probably wondered just what we have trained Naruto to do and I told him to pull it out during the exams to show his 'parents' what they were missing from ignoring him. When we arrive at where my team was they put up a barrier so the ANBU couldn't get in and over hear what we say or really see what we were doing.  It was a mix of Naruto's seals and Nobaou's genjutsu, no one ever picks up on them. "Now then Naruto care to spill what it was you were hiding at the hot spring?" I ask as I drop my nephew on the ground and he groans a little as he rubs his butt a little. "Uncle that hurt a little." Naruto whines as he looks up at me but I roll my eyes a little. "What did you do to him?" Yuka asks as she rushes over and fusses over Naruto making me roll my eyes a little.

"Kaa-san I'm fine." Naruto whines making the two women laugh but they were all over him not giving me a chance to get what I wanted from my nephew. Kakashi lightly glares at the two of them before he sweeps Naruto away from them and pressed against himself. "Leave my boyfriend alone." Kakashi growls out clearly not happy. "Your to possessive mate." Naruto teases but he was enjoying the attention he was getting from the older male. "Naruto we need you to answer some questions like about that thing I noticed on your neck the other night. You know I don't like to pry into your relationship but I was worried that bastard did something to you." Nobuo says making Naruto give a small sigh as he drops down from Kakashi's hold and nods his head. "Language. Naruto no cussing until your sixteen." Makoto says making Naruto roll his eyes lightly. Naruto saw Nobuo as an older brother which I was thankful for because he needed another male role model besides myself.  "Well um.... promise not to get mad at what I tell you?" Naruto says as he shifts from foot to foot, something he only did when he was uneasy about something that was going on. I hated seeing him get like that. "Promise not to get angry." I say making him sigh softly before looking up at Kakashi for support. "So um well.. Kurama asked me how serious Kashi and I were about being together. He um... kind of gave us a gift to show how serious things were because well I'm like a fox so well..." Naruto says dancing around whatever it was he wanted to say.