Part 1

'It's not fair. Not fair at all. Why does tou-san and kaa-san care about training Menma and Isao? I'm always forgotten and hurt.' I think as I look out the window of my room in the attic of the house. I was five years old and whenever it was time to train Menma and Isao kaa-san locks me in my room so I won't get into trouble. I was a year older than them so I should be allowed to train or go out whenever I wanted so long as I came back in time for dinner. Menma and Isao were allowed to go out and play with friends as well as be home late but if I went out and wasn't home in time to set the table for dinner then tou-san and kaa-san would hurt me before locking me in my room without food for a couple of days until they needed me to do something for them. I filled my time mostly by reading the books that were kept up here. Tou-san and kaa-san forgot they keep books they don't want Menma and Isao to see until they were older up here so I took the time to read them all. I was pretty smart for a little kid and the only people who ever notice it are Kakashi and Itachi, they were the only people in the village that care about me but I knew that Kakashi loved me a lot. He told me once that he is supposed to be my big brother but he loved me more than a big brother should. I never asked him why that was but I was happy he cared.  The two of them trained me seeing as how tou-san and ka-san refuse to do so even when I ask. They would tell me that my twin brothers needed to be well trained in case I ever lose it. I'm not sure why that is but never questioned it much until now. If things don't get better soon, in the next year or so then I was going to leave the village. Kakashi wasn't happy when I told him that and he said that if I wanted to before leaving then to just move in with him but I didn't want people to hurt him because of me.

I sigh softly as I move away from the window to sit on the broken mattress that was in my room, that was all I was allowed besides a handful of outfits and some other odds and ends. I was going to make a copy of the scroll I stole from my tou-san's office. He never noticed it missing and I was slowly making copies of everything that was in both tou-san's and kaa-san's offices as well as the books in the library. I already made a copy of all the books up here in the attic with me and hid them from being found. I may or may not have mastered sealing mostly so I had everything with me at any given time should I chooses to run away. I haven't seen my godparents in a few years, I was maybe two when I saw them last but if I did run I would go to them. Then again they might bring me back here seeing as how they would never believe what is happening without seeing it for themselves. I was going to have to slip out of my room tonight once my parents let me out so I can change scrolls, it was so stupid that they wouldn't bother with locking me in my room unless it was to punish me. It didn't take me long to finish making copies of the last few scrolls I had left and they were large ones then again I have been locked in this room for hours and had a shadow clone helping me with making copies of everything I was taking. It wasn't until around dinner time that I heard footsteps heading up here. I hide the scrolls silently so as not to get into trouble for having them and making it back onto my mattress before the door was opened.

Standing there was kaa-san who had a metal spoon in her hand and an annoyed look on her face. "Get down stairs and set the table for your father and I as well as the twins." Kaa-san snaps making me nod my head quickly and I rush down the stairs to do as I was asked afraid of being hit for being to slow. I wasn't allowed to eat with the family and got what little scraps were left over from meals. That was very little mostly because Menma and Isao liked to eat everything they were given plus some just because they knew it hurt me. I was quick to set the table like I was told, I knew that kaa-san would hit me with that metal spoon if I wasn't quick enough doing as she asked or if it was done wrong. Menma and Isao liked to mess things up so I got hurt but they weren't around and I was watched by kaa-san the whole time. Once I was done I was told to head back to my room and not leave. I nod and rush back up there barely avoiding my younger brothers who if they cornered me would use me as a punching bag to show off their training. I was in hell and wanted to get out of it, only a couple more months until my birthday and if I try harder, by taking more of a risk by taking more scrolls than I have, I could have copied every single book in this house including the book my godfather wrote where my name came from. If I can get everything copied by my birthday then I will leave if not then I might wait a little longer. I sigh as I look out the window in my room once again. 'Ne Kurama do you think I have any family outside the village that would love me?' I ask the nine tailed fox who I had meet on my third birthday when I almost died. 'Maybe kit maybe. You should ask that scarecrow that likes you so much.' Kurama sighs in a sleepy tone. Kurama was my best friend and he was always helping me when Kakashi and Itachi couldn't do so. 'Your so mean Kurama. You know Kakashi only wants too help me the best he can and it's not his fault he has been busy with the ANBU lately to spend time training with me or come check up on me.' I say defending the silver haired teen who helped care for me. Thanks to him and Itachi I was at an ANBU level ninja in the way of smarts but maybe a chunin in ninjutsu and taijutsu but my genjutsu was that of a genin. 'Whatever you say Kit whatever you say. Now tonight make a lot of clones to work on scrolls in the library and stuff to get more down.' Kurama says before he ignores me to sleep.