Chapter 5 - Transportation

Jakes's P.O.V

I huffed, crossing my arms with furrowed brows, "No stay, hate hopsital!"

"As I was saying," Al huffed, "I can't help that, I'm just trying to do my job! So, will you please, just let me get this examination over with. I just need one vial of blood."

"NO!" I yelled slapping his outreaching hand away from me. "Want Dustin!"

He growled and grabbed for me quickly. I screamed and dodged his hands, ducking under them and running to the door. Quickly scampering out the door I ran down the halls dodging nurse, doctor and patients along the way. I panted and looked behind me, hearing yelling. Al was chasing me, yelling for help from other people along the way. I began to shake and turned, running faster, right into a solid frame. I felt tingles and I grabbed onto it, twisting around so that Dustin was between me and the doctors running after me.

I clutched onto his back as he tried to pull me around so he could see me, whimpering when I wouldn't budge. "Dustin, save me!" I cried into his back, hearing the doctors come to a stop in front of us.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" Dustin yelled to the doctors.

I glanced around his body to see them all murmuring to themselves, not answering Dustin's question, granted they all didn't know. I found Al grumbling in the center of them all, I pointed around Dustin at Al. "He tried keep hopsital. Try touch Jake. Not call Dustin when Jake ask."

"What?" Dustin growled, glaring daggers at Al, "I'll kill you!"

"Wait!" Al shouted backing up with his hands in the air, "He did not say that right!" Dustin continued to growl while taking a step forward, "Are you kidding me, you know the damn kid can't speak right!"

Dustin growled even louder and I grabbed him tighter whining, "Dustin. No like hopsital, want leave."

"Okay darling," He said still glaring at Al, "We can leave now."

I smiled snuggling into his back before moving around him and hugging his front, looking up at him. I puckered my lips and he leaned down kissing me lightly, "Where we go?"

"Home, darling," He said with a smile lifting me by the back of my thighs to carry me out of the hospital.

"Home?" I asked nuzzling his neck with a smile, taking in his wonderful scent. "We go with trees?"

He stopped and looked down, making me pull my head from his neck to look at him. His face was all scrunched up in confusion, "No, not the forest. Jake, have you never had a home?"

"Woods home, mama and Jake had a den in woods." I smiled lightly running my hand over his cheek.

"That's not what I meant Jake, I meant a house, or an apartment?" Dustin looked at me with pity and I swallowed not understanding the problem with what I was saying. My silence must have said everything he needed to hear because he continued walking looking straight ahead. I watched his face, still filled with pity. I scrunched my nose and huffed out loudly for him to look at me. He glanced down, and I scrunched and unscrunched my nose at him and he smiled sadly, gently butting his nose against me before focusing back on watching where he is going. I frowned at him and nuzzled into his neck, kissing lightly.

Eventually he stopped and I heard a weird noise and saw red metal behind me. I spun around quickly and looked at the giant red monster in front of us. I screeched and gripped Dustin tighter digging my face into him. "Darling what's the matter?" he asked rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"Monster!" I yelled and wrung my legs around him tighter.

"Where's a monster Jake?" he asking spinning around to look where I was seeing; behind him. In turning, he pointed my face right at the red death monster and I shrieked again using my left hand to point in front of me. Dustin scanned the area and slowly looked back to see where I was looking; he slowly turned around to look at the monster and started shaking. He must be scared too.

"Darling are you talking about my car?" he chuckled at the end.

I leaned back to look at his face to see him smiling and chuckling. I scrunched my eyebrows, "What car?"

He nodded his head towards the red thing, "The monster, it's called a car. It is a mean of transportation created by humans."

"What tanpor-" I stopped and made a face knowing I can't say that word.

Dustin laughed, "Trans-por-tation, is a way of getting from one spot to another."

I rolled my eyes, now he's just making stuff up. "Carr no carry us, has no hands."

"Darling you get inside of the car-" Dustin began to explain but I stopped him quickly.

"Carr eats us?!?" My eyes widened and I squirmed to get out of Dustin's arms, I will not be eaten.

Dustin set me down to stop my struggle and looked at me dumbfounded, "Jake, the car isn't alive; it can't eat you. There are seats, and doors. Just look it's like a tiny moving room."

I glanced at the car and peered through the open portion next to us, and he was right. There was two seats and a couch like thing behind those seats. There was a circle on the opposite side of the car and a whole bunch of gadgets in the thing that were not in rooms. "It not eat us?"

"No darling, it can't eat us." Dustin said wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head.

"Promise?" I asked wide eyed as I looked up at him, "We live. Go to home?"

"I promise!" Dustin spoke with absolute certainty and I nodded my head, "Okay, you have to sit on this side, it's called passenger side. I have to walk around and get in on that side, called the driver's side." I nodded my head at him and watched him walk around the car.

He opened his door and sat in the seat with the circle and looked to me. I carefully inched towards the car and cautiously sat on the black seat. I then put my feet in, copying Dustin, and I looked over to him and he smiled grabbing his door and pulling it so that it shut. I looked back to my door and grabbed the handle and pulled it so that it shut with a slam just like Dustin's. I smiled and looked to Dustin just to see him put something next to the circle and twist and the car started vibrating and humming. I jumped and grabbed Dustin's hand in fear and he smiled and gripped my hand, rubbing his thumb along the back.

"I just started the car, you have to turn it on to drive it." Dustin explained and I nodded in understanding.

"It like light?"

"Yes! That's right, very good Jake." I smiled and bounced in place excited about Dustin's praise, "Now you need to put on your seat belt, like this," he grabbed something next to him and put the shiny metal into a plastic holder and I looked to the side and copied with my own seat belt.

"Jake smart," I giggled and Dustin agreed quickly, "Okay, we tanporation now. Jake want to see home."

He nodded and moved a stick before the car began to move backwards, slowly came to a stop, he moved the stick again and it moved forwards. I smiled and gripped Dustin's hand tight as the car began to move faster and faster. Things started to blur as we moved past them and I watched in awe. Things blur while running but nowhere near as much as this; it was amazing. I giggled as I glued my eyes to the window, trees and buildings blurred together. Not long after the car began to slow down and an annoying ticking sounded before Dustin turned down a dirt road. We stopped at the end and I looked out the giant window in front to see a big building. It was white with a gray top; the big door was directly in the center and painted a light shade of gray. It had a lot of windows and I could see a white wooden stand like thing on the side. There were flowers, bushes, and stones surrounding the building.

"It pretty," I said staring at the building with a tilted head before turning to look at Dustin, "we go in there now?"

Dustin kissed my lips lightly and smiled, "Yeah darling, that's our home."