Chapter 3 - Stupid!

Jake's P.O.V

I yawned and stretched while laying on top of Dustin, whimpering as my wounds sang in protest, the magic medicine had worn off. I whined curling into myself as Dustin moaned beneath me rolling onto his side, plopping me onto the bed in the process. I landed on my shoulder with the gun wound making me yelp and jump up, immediately falling off the hospital bed and onto the floor with a cry of pain.

Dustin shot out of bed and stood in front of me growling in defense as I cried holding my shoulder. After scanning the surroundings in his groggy state, he turned to me and all the sleep vanished from his face as he saw the fat tears making tracks down my face. "Darling, what happened?" He cooed kneeling down in front of me.

I pouted at him and pointed an accusing finger at him, sniffling and blinking at the tears I glared at him before shouting, "You drop me!"

"I did what-" He didn't finish before I glared some more and help up a small pointer finger at him,

"Ouches back now!"

"How did I drop you?" He asked reaching for me with open arms.

I pushed his hands away before scooting back towards the wall, "Jake on Dustin, and you roll! Land on ouch and then tumble."

His brows furrowed and he tilted his head, he watched me for a solid minute before his eyes widened and he nodded his head up and down. Forming an 'O' shape with his mouth he moved closer to me again, "You woke up from your nap and were laying on top of me and I rolled over, and you fell off my chest onto the mattress onto one of your cuts?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, "That what I just said!"

"Just making sure I understand you darling," Dustin said reaching out for me; I just looked at him maintaining my ball like shape. He sighed and tilted his head at me again, "How'd you end up on the floor Jake?" I felt my cheeks go pink and I looked down to the floor and began to count the poke-a-dots on the hospital gown, Mama taught me how to count to a hundred once and I still remember how to do it. One, two, three, four, five, six, eight, nine, ten, elev-, "Jake?"

I glanced back up at Dustin with puffed out cheeks, "Jake told you, I tumble."

Dustin looked at me with a raised brow before cracking a toothy smile, "You fell?" I huffed out and looked back down to start counting again; I'll have to start over now. One, two, three, fou-, "Aw come on darling I'm not making fun of you, come here!" He reached forward with his arms some more before scooping me off the floor and sitting on the bed with me.

I whimpered and wiggled around, "Owwww," I dragged out tears springing to my eyes once more.

"Oh I'm sorry darling, the medicine wore off, I'll tell the doctor to come in with some more okay?" Dustin said laying down on the bed and pulling me next to him while pushing my hair back from my face. "Do you know how to take a pill?"

I tilted my head and looked at him funny faced, "Pill?"

"I'll take that as a no then," He chuckled.

"Jake have more medicine Dustin, not pill thing," I explained with a smile reaching up and petting the side of his face; his brain must still be sleeping.

"Jake a pill is medicine, it's just something you eat instead of inject," Dustin chuckled kissing my forehead. I scrunched my nose and huffed at him with a pout, he chuckled again before connecting our noses and rubbing together making me smile.

Dustin started to pull his head away but I stopped him by throwing my good arm around his neck and pulling him right back to my face. I held him above me and asked, "No shot, same thing?"