Ten

Danica

I’m hardly ever home, I spend all my time at work and Chris’. Which is convent because I am thoroughly avoiding Gabriel. After that night he decided to kiss me, I try to work around his schedule and come home when he’s sleep or not home. Being that Chris obviously has no problem with me spending I stay over there often in the hopes that one day things between Gabriel and I would cool down.

Today I wasn’t so lucky, Terrence had sent me home early and Chris was still at work doing tattoos. My Osama bin laden days were over, hiding wasn’t an option anymore. As the cab pulled up to our apartment I frowned. Maybe I should have taken up Chris offer to sit in the shop, but I guess I couldn’t avoid Gabe forever. I paid the cab driver and climbed out heading for my door. As I pulled out my key and unlocked the door I sighed. Maybe he’ll be sleep and I can just sneak off to my room. I opened the door and the moment I did I saw Gabe sitting in the living room watching TV. 

My luck was running out.

I attempted to get past him going straight for my room, maybe he’ll be so into the TV he won’t notice me. “Danica, your home early.” His voice oozed with happiness causing me to stop dead in my tracks. I quickly threw a smile on my face and turned to face him. “Yeah, Terrence doesn’t have me working the grave yard shift tonight.” I laugh nervously and slowly back up to my room. He nods and lifts from the couch walking over to me. I don’t budge even though everything in me say to bolt for my room. He reaches for me and pulls me to him. His lips lightly brush over mine. “I missed you.” He runs his hand down to grab a handful of my rear, but I can’t find it in me to enjoy his affection. It’s not the same. Yes Gabe is handsome and any girl should feel lucky to have him, but I didn’t see him like that. He was more so of a big brother to me and… Who would want to be groped by their brother? 

“I missed you too.” I smile a friendly smile and discreetly take his hand off my behind. He smiled and leans down to kiss me and as he does my phone rings. Saved by the bell. I pull it out and look at it happy to see Chris is calling to save the day. I answer it and mouth a sorry to Gabe as I back away going to my room. My last sight of Gabe is him frowning at me. 

Once in my room I lock my door and fall back on my bed. “Thank god you called; you saved me from an awkward situation.” I breathed. I hear the buzz of the tattoo gun humming lazily in the background indicating he is still working. He must have some concentration to be able to call me and work. 

He chuckles, “awkward? Isn’t that normal for you?” I frown as I kick off my shoes and begin to strip. 

“Shut up, I only have awkward moments when people do things that are foreign to me.” Yeah, like your roommate trying to make moves on you and you never showed any interest. I suppose that’s my fault though, I’m the one who should have told him what was up the first time he tried, but… I really needed to borrow his car. “Chill and tell daddy what happened.” I roll my eyes at him. He’s letting this whole occasional calling him daddy go to his head, but I have to admit it’s cute. I just hope that he never does it while we’re out in public. “My uh roommate… She’s been acting weird, I think she likes me.” I muttered. I hadn’t told Chris that my roommate was a guy; in fact I had never mentioned my roommate to him at all. Telling Chris my roommate was a guy could possibly ruin everything, he might think I’m secretly messing with him when truly I’m not. I hear light chuckles on the other end. “You know that could work out, I’ve always wanted a threesome.”

I could not stop my eyes from rolling from left to the right. Chris was truly something else if he actually thought I was going to share him with another girl. Did he want a repeat of last time he messed with another girl? I sit up straight on my bed shaking my head, “Chris get it together, I’m not giving you a threesome.” I hear the hum of his tattoo gun come to a holt. He sighs and before he speaks to me, he talks with his customer. As I wait I hear a thump against my door and immediately I think someone has fallen outside, could it be Gabriel? I quickly hopped up and went to the door unlocking it. When my door swung open no one was there.

Hm, must be hearing things.

Gabriel

I needed to know. She’s been distant lately and her attitude has changed drastically. She use to stay in the house a lot, but now she hung out with her co-workers and was hardly ever home. Something wasn’t right; I use to have to drag her out the house, now she would leave for hours and hours on end. She caught an attitude if you asked her questions too. She was changing and I needed to know why.

So instead of bothering her like I normally do, I stood to her door to listen in on her phone call. As I lean against her door I hear her say she thinks her roommate has a crush on her, but she doesn’t say he instead she says she. My eyebrows immediately scrunch together. Who could she be telling that lie to? It couldn’t be her co-workers, they had seen me before. I knew for a solid fact it wasn’t her mom, she knows who her daughter lives with. So who was she talking!? “Chris get it together, I’m not giving you a threesome.” As the words slipped from her mouth I nearly banged my head against her door causing a thud sound to erupt. Her room became quiet all to be heard were her light footsteps inching towards the door. Quickly, I dashed to my room and closed the door quietly. 

My heart beat heavy in my chest and I wasn’t sure how to feel. Danica hasn’t been showing feelings towards me because of this Chris guy? What could he possibly have that I didn’t? 

I needed to find out.