Lavender

WEDNESDAY

"You told him what now?"

Kaia's high pitched voice pierced Piper's ears as she overexaggerated it out of frustration. The dark haired girl had just explained to her best friend about the note she left her secret admirer yesterday.

"I told him that I liked him."

"No, you told me that you said you were in love with him! What the fuck P, you don't even know who he is!"

Piper rolls her eyes and ignores her best friend. She has been having an amazing day and she wasn't going to let Kaia ruin it. She exits her bedroom and hops down the stairs into the kitchen for a snack.

It is obvious the Kaia is hot on her trail, but she continues to ignore her since she is not in the mood to talk about it. The short girls notices her friend open her mouth but she cuts her off quickly.

"Don't give me shit, Kaia. You don't get to control how I feel about him. I may not know him but the way he talks about me, it makes me feel good. He's not even directly talking to me and he makes me feel special and loved."

Kaia goes silent, realizing her mistake that she made not even five minutes ago. Sighing, she throws her arms around her best friend and apologizes quietly in her ear.

Piper strides over to her PINK backpack and pulls the white envelope and the lavender rose out of it. She turns around to face the tan girl standing behind her. She holds out the white envelope to her then puts the pretty rose up to her nose.

"Read it, out loud." She mutters then continues to inhale the scent of the rose. Piper hasn't read the letter that she received today. Her long and slim fingers carefully rip open the envelope and pull out the piece of paper tucked inside of it neatly.

Piper Grace,

Hello gorgeous. Only two more days until I meet you, my palms are clammy just thinking about that. I hope you're as excited as I am to finally meet you properly.

I hope you have had a good day today. Yesterday I was informed that you had one of the top essays in your AP English class. Nearly everyone was talking about it. When my friend told me I couldn't help but feel like a proud mom.

Just know that everybody, especially me, are extremely proud of this achievement of yours. You are so incredibly intelligent, it shocks me. Albert Einstein is nothing compared to you.

Laughter bubbles in Piper's throat which causes her friend to pause for a second to let her laugh it out.

Today's rose is a lavender rose. Lavender roses stand for love at first sight. Now, before you call me delusional please read the whole thing and then form an opinion.

Personally I do not believe in love at first sight. I never have and I never will. I don't believe you can fall in love with someone the moment you see them.

For that split second that I saw you on the first day of freshman year, I did not fall in love. I felt drawn in by your looks, your demeanor, the way you walked. I felt like I had to know you, I needed to know you.

Love at first sight is utter bullshit because you do not actually know that person. You know what they look like, but not how they are on the inside.

Little by little I slowly fell in love with you. I learned different things about you nearly everyday, but even now I still don't know everything about you. I don't know your hidden talents, if you snore or not, or your little habits. But I want to learn them, and I want those small things drilled into my brain forever.

I'm not even quite sure if I'm completely in love with you now, or even at all. How can you be in love with someone that you don't know? But I do know one thing for sure, I like you, a lot. It may not be love, but I like you.

I'm attracted to you, there's just something about you that draws me in. I can't help the way I feel when you're around me. It's like you have me running around like a love fool. You have me under some sort of spell. I will never be able to explain thoroughly how you make me feel.

When I try to write it out I feel dizzy, my mind becomes a mess. What have you done to me, Piper Grace? You don't even know me and you already have me one hundred percent whipped on you.

One day, I hope to actually fall in love with you. I hope to learn every little thing about you; inside and outside. I hope you will feel the same for me as well.

Have a good rest of the day gorgeous. Don't let anybody take the sunshine inside of you. Remember to smile no matter what happens.

See you Friday.

-Love, E.

It was silent for a couple of minutes as Piper let Kaia soak in the letter that she had just read. Her fingertips played with the soft and delicate petals of the rose as she waited for her to say something.

A deep sigh fell from her lips as her chocolate eyes skimmed over the paper multiple times. She could not believe it, someone actually wrote that for her best friend. Suddenly, everything she said and thought from earlier today slipped from her mind. All she could focus on were the words that she had just read. Complete shock took over her body.

"P, holy shit. I can't believe someone can actually write like that."

"Beautiful isn't it?" She asks softly, not actually wanting her friend to respond to the question. She does anyway by simply nodding her head. Setting the letter down on the table, she shuffles over to Piper and apologizes once again.

The short girl accepts the heart filled apology, and lets her smell the rose. A smile slips onto her face since she now has Kaia, her best friend, okay with the fact that she already liked this boy that she didn't even know.