Black

THURSDAY

Ethan spent the whole entire Thursday on the edge. His eyes were locked on Piper any chance he had, his nerves were getting the best of him. He was extremely nervous today and he doesn't even want to think about how he was going to feel tomorrow.

His stomach was filled with butterflies that would not go away. They were constantly bouncing around on his insides, he felt like throwing up everywhere. His palms were sweaty and his right leg was shaking uncontrollably.

Hazel eyes were locked on her as she sat across the lunch room with her friends. Ethan could clearly see the white envelope he slipped into her locker yesterday evening clutched in her hand. Her bottom lip was trapped between her teeth and her eyes were trained on the crisp envelope. She was fiddling with it slightly.

The nervous boy jumped slightly when he saw her slim fingers begin to tear open the envelope and retrieve the letter tucked inside of it. It seemed as if all of her friends were talking to each other and not her.

Ethan was excited to see her facial expressions as she read the letter he wrote just for her. This was his first time watching her read it, he was always sure that she did it after school. But this time she decided to read it during lunch.

He had zoned out completely, his only focus was on her face as he waited for her to show any type of emotion.

                                  ROSES

Piper Grace,

Tomorrow, I will finally be able to talk to you face to face. I can stare into your dark eyes and observe you up close. This is something that I have wanted for two years, and I don't think I'm actually totally prepared for it.

I am beyond nervous, it's an understatement to be honest. I can't really put my finger on it as to why I am so nervous, but for some reason I am. I think I'm scared of how you will react to knowing it's me. Damn, I don't even have a clue if you will know who I am once I reveal myself to you.

The last rose that I will give you, in your locker, will be a black rose. Black roses stand for goodbyes. Usually meaning death, but this is just a goodbye to my letters, a goodbye to the 'secret admirer'. Because tomorrow you will know who I am, and there are so many things that can happen. The possibilities are endless.

There is truly nothing that I can say here since this rose means goodbye. I will say that black roses are extremely rare and hard to find. I went to four different flower shops before I found one. It was worth it though. Every rose that I bought you has been worth it.

This letter will contain instructions for tomorrow. They are very specific and it'd be greatly appreciated if you followed them exactly the way I list them.

School ends at 2:15 p.m. I will be at your locker at 2:45, please do not be there early or late. 2:45 p.m. exactly. Once school ends don't waste any time going home, getting all of the previous roses that I have got you and come back to the school immediately. By the time you do that it should be a couple minutes before 2:45 p.m.

If you arrive before 2:45, please wait outside the hallway until it is that time. I want this to be perfect ): I am so sorry if I sound mean. All I want is for this to be perfect for you, so bare with me.

When you walk into the hallway I'll be standing beside your locker just like I said. You'll be able to see me as soon as you enter the hallway, just walk straight up to me and try not to say anything.

I'm a mix of nervous and excited, I know that I will be a mess tonight and tomorrow. I most likely won't be able to pay attention in any of my classes because you will be the only thing on my mind.

I pray that you are just as excited as me. I really do hope you like me, I have many things planned for us tomorrow if this works out.

I'll see you tomorrow my love. I cannot wait to talk to you.

-Love, E

Piper could not wait to talk to him either.