Yellow

WEDNESDAY

Piper's soft fingertips quickly tore open the envelope that she found placed in her locker the next morning. She didn't have enough time to open it and read the letter this morning, so her whole day was filled with waiting in anticipation for the end of the day to arrive. She could not wait to open it up.

Once again she was careful with the red heart that sealed the white envelope despite the fact that she opened it up relatively fast. She smoothed out the paper as she always does and got to reading.

The yellow rose put her in a better mood. Her second favorite color is yellow.

Piper Grace,

Before I start I just wanted to let you know that what you did yesterday was truly amazing. The way you stood up for that girl amazed me. You are such a good person.

You're one of a kind, I've never seen anyone speak that calm when in a fight before. You handled it so well. You're incredible .

It was obvious that no one else was going to stand up for her so you took the matter into your own hands. Your words, the way you spoke, have stuck to me. You sounded so intelligent and might I add you looked as beautiful as ever as you were doing it.

That's why todays rose is yellow. Yellow roses signify caring and friendship. And yes I am aware that the girl you stood up for is not your friend, merely a classmate. But you care for her. You care for everyone no matter who they are to you. I love that about you.

A synonym for caring is Piper. You are hands down the most caring person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. No matter who or what it is, you care for them. You are kind. You are gentle. You are caring.

There are so many positive words I could use to describe you. It's actually quite overwhelming, I never know exactly what to write down. I need to find a way to say everything I want to say to you and still have it fit on the paper.

Yesterday's activity was a lot of fun. I don't have history fifth period like you do. I have it a different hour, but I won't tell you what hour I have it because I don't want you to find out who I am just yet. If you're wondering how I saw you stand up for the girl, I was on my way to the office to pick something up for my teacher.

All of the commotion caught my attention so I decided to stick around and see what would happened. When I saw that you were standing up for the girl, my heart started to beat a little faster.

Your words, the way they tumbled off your lips so effortlessly intrigued me in the best way possible. I keep repeating your little speech to myself in my head. It seems as if I've memorized the whole entire thing.

I'm pretty sure you didn't see me because you were too engrossed in what you were doing. And after you finished and everyone went back to normal I made sure to get away quickly. The last thing I want you to see is me staring at you like a creep.

I apologize in advance, what I am about to say may creep you out a little but that is also the last thing I want to do.

I am truly, one hundred percent infatuated with you. Everything you do is so graceful, it puts me in a trance. I am shocked that you have never caught me staring before since I do it so often.

I can't help but stare at you, Piper Grace. You are a beautiful face and a beautiful soul. I was raised to realize that personality is more important than looks. Despite the fact that your outside beauty is what drew me in, just by looking at you I could tell that you had inner beauty too.

Turns out, I was correct.

Beautiful. Soft. Caring. These words all describe you.

I am running out of room but I am definitely not running out of things to say. I'll talk to you again tomorrow, my love.

-Love, E

With every letter that Piper finds in her locker, she finds herself slowly falling in love with this boy. Letter by letter, rose by rose.

She couldn't wait any longer, she needed to meet this boy now.

                                  ROSES

The smell of bacon filled Piper's nose as she entered her house. She slammed the front door shut and hollered a 'hello' to signal to her mother that she was home.

"I'm sure people in Germany know you're home from how hard you slammed the damn door."

Piper giggled and ignored her moms snide comment. She hopped up onto the counter next to the stove where her mother was cooking. She smiled when she saw the pancake batter in a blue bowl next to her, along with the sound of bacon sizzling.

Her and her mother exchange the simple questions about each others day. She has yet to inform her mom about her little secret admirer, she wasn't even sure if she was going to tell her about it until she met him in person.

"What's with the two roses in your room?"

Piper sighed, guess she'll be telling her now.

"I sorta, kinda have a secret admirer."

Her mother drops her spatula and squeals loudly. She laughs at her mother's child like actions. She is pretty sure she's a ten year old stuck in a grown woman's body.

"He gives you roses? How long as this been going on for? Tell me everything." She claps her hands together and turns off the oven. Hopping onto the counter to sit next to her daughter, she places her hands in her lap and impatiently waits for Piper to explain.

Piper spills out everything she knows to her mother. She talks about the different colored roses, the sweet words in the letter, and how the only thing she knows about him is he's a boy and he goes by 'E'. She even let her mother read the letter from today

It had only been three days since her secret admirer had started his plan. In a little over a week, she was going to know who he is. She could not wait to meet him. She proceeded to tell her mother that he will reveal himself in seven days.

"I demand to meet this boy the day he reveals himself to you," she starts, "now go wash up and tell your sister that dinner's ready."

Piper nods and follows her orders. She bolts up the stairs and yells for her sister to also wash up for dinner. The girl enters the bathroom and washes her hands.

These next nine days could not go by any slower.