Red

FRIDAY

Piper and Ethan could not focus at all today. It was like the two of them were doing the exact same things in their separate classes. Playing with their pencils, doodling on their notebooks, filling in random answers on their quizzes, and staring at the clock intensely.

The clock ticked by slower than molasses and Piper felt herself slowly going insane as each second passed by. It was 2:14 and the petite girl was tempted to stand up and run out of the room and to her car. She zoned out for a couple of seconds but was soon snapped out of it when the dinging sound of the bell rang through her eyes.

She slipped pass everyone in her last hour classes and zipped down the hallway. She was bumping into people left and right and usually she would stop apologize and shoot them a smile, but right now she was too excited.

Quickly pulling her car keys out of her Gucci purse, she pulls open her car door and starts the engine. Her hands were clammy and she was letting out small and shaky breaths. She sloppily pulled out of the parking lot and sped home. Her bottom lip was trapped between her teeth in anticipation.

She short eight minute drive felt like it was thirty minutes long. Her dark eyes frantically looked at the digital clock on her dashboard. 2:25. Her heels clicked against the sidewalk as she tried to run as fast as she could up her porch and into her house.

"Hello Piper!" Her mothers loud and booming voice greets her as she enters the house. She shakes her head and mumbles something, then darts up the stairs to grab her nine roses.

Her mom's voice was nagging at her as she demanded her to stop and tell her what the rush was. She was too excited and nervous to care at the moment, so she exits her house quickly and hops back into her car.

After school traffic was awful which caused Piper to get frustrated, but that negative emotion was replaced by excitement as she parked her car in a random parking spot. Flinging her car door open, she swiftly walks to the hallway where her locker is located and pulls out her phone.

2:44 p.m.

A sigh of relief falls from her lips, she was grateful that she wasn't late. She knew he wanted this to be perfect.

Her dark eyes were trained on her lock screen as she impatiently waited for the time to change. The moment it did, her breath hitched and she wasted no time entering the building.

Ethan Dolan was the boy who was standing next to her beaten down blue locker. A bouquet of red roses was held in his hands and a timid smile was on his face.

She then realized that the 'E' that signed her letters stood for Ethan.

Piper was shocked by his beauty, she had never really gotten a good look at him. And the more she walked towards him, the more shocked she felt. She felt slow as she made her way down the hallway, everything was slow and it felt romantic.

There was this small part of where that felt intimidated by the boy. He seemed tall and had a resting bitch face. His stare was intense and she felt nervous walking up to him.

But as she got closer, she saw a wide smile appear on his face which made him look like a little boy on Christmas morning.

Soon enough she was standing directly in front of the broad muscular boy. Four eyes met, dark brown and hazel bored into each other. Ethan couldn't believe that this was happening.

She opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it when she remembered what he had put in the letter from yesterday. A soft smile appeared across her face and Ethan nearly melted on the spot.

"Hi." His voice was deep and rough, it send shivers down Piper's spine. He looked extremely intimidating with his muscular body, intense stare, and dark hair, but his goofy smile was very misleading.

He extended his arm out and let her take the red roses. Her smile grew and she brought them up to her nose and inhaled the beautiful scent of them. One hand held the fresh, new, and bright red roses and the other held the multi colored roses.

Some of them were dead, but she followed his orders and kept them. Just like he asked her to.

"Wow, okay um," Ethan let out a shaky laugh and Piper giggled, which made him even more nervous.

"Don't be nervous around me. I like you already."

She rested one of her tiny hands on his bicep, making him flinch slightly. It was Ethan's turn to shiver. She softly rubbed it up and down as an attempt to calm him down. He opened his mouth to speak,

"Piper Grace," he started, "I truly can't believe that you are standing in front of me right now. You're with me, you're looking at me, and you're touching me."

"If I told little scrawny fourteen year old Ethan that one day, I'd be this close to Piper Cage, he'd laugh in my fucking face and call me an asshole for lying."

Laughter bubbled in Piper's throat at his funny comment, she attempted to cut herself off to let him continue.

"But now here I am with you. It feels unreal, like I'm dreaming." He swallowed thickly and shot her a smile, she swooned at his perfect teeth.

"Ever since I saw you the first day of school, freshman year, you caught my attention. You captivated me, so easily and quickly. I was one hundred percent whipped for a girl who I barely knew. As the years went on, I learned little things about you everyday."

"Even now I still don't know everything about you, but I want to. I really want to. Only if you are willing to teach me, that is."

As he continued to pour his heart out, in person, to the girl that he has liked for so long, he slowly build up confidence when he realized that she liked him. She actually liked him.

"I feel the most confident that I have in the past two weeks so I'm going to just ask it before I think about it too much and then end up not doing it."

He clears his throat and shifts his feet, staring directly into Piper's sparkling eyes. A sense of comfort and warmth took over his body the moment he did that. He felt safe under her gentle gaze. She had sucked the nervousness out of him

He stood up straight, his head high and asked with the most confident tone Piper has ever heard in her life,

"Will you, Piper Grace, do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

Piper licked her light pink lips and let out a hum, pretending like she was actually considering the question. Despite the fact that she already knew she was going to say yes, she wanted to tease a little bit.

Ethan kept his ground, his head still high, he was almost completely sure that she was going to say yes to his question.

"Of course I will." Piper squeals, standing on her tip toes and throwing her arms around Ethan. The moment she did that, Ethan felt like the whole world stopped and the only two people alive were them. The stars aligned, everything felt absolutely perfect.

A huge smile covers his face, and he still feels like he's dreaming, this can't be real. The girl that he was wanted since freshman year of high school, he finally has her.

"Now let me properly introduce myself. I'm Piper."

"Hi Piper, I'm Ethan."