Damn. Wasn't I supposed to be the one ahead?

Oh yeah, wait, they do this very often. I on the other hand don't. So I am not used to this. As I look up again I see my parents already don't climbing and are sitting on the top laughing and talking while I am down here struggling.

I take a deep breath and start climbing again. Than I feel the tightness of the rope around my waist loosen.

I look down and see the rope starting to break.

" Mom, Dad! The rope is breaking!" I frantically shout out to them as loud as a I can.

My parents start freaking out and try to figure out a way to get me back up. My mom is sobbing while my dad is reaching down to try and pull me up but I am too far down.

I slowly start saying my last prayers and saying sorry for everything I ever did wrong.

I a sorry God for drinking the milk out of the carton. Im sorry for pretending I was sick so I didn't have to go to school in senior year. I am sorry for telling my mom she looked nice in that red dress when she looked like a tomato with hair, she looked beautiful in the blue one though.

I know if I fall I have no chance of living. The fall is far to great and the bottom is filled with big rocks. So much for trying not to die on this trip.

I love you mom and dad.

I finally feel and rope break and I try to hold on to the rocks and tight as I can but I loose my grip and fall.

I can hear my parents screaming for me. I feel my life flash before my eyes like a fast forward movie and feel the wind around me.

As I brace for impact but don't feel it. Instead I feel warm, strong arms around me. I slowly open my eyes and meet warm brown ones.

Beast.

" It's okay, I got you." He tells me in a soothing voice.

I don't say anything. I can't. I was gonna die, but he saved me. Why didn't he let me die?

I look into his eyes searching for answers but can't see any.

Here we are standing in the middle of the woods with him holding me bridal style and not saying a word. Just staring into each other's eyes.

" Amaya say something." He tells me with his palm resting on my cheek.

I slowly try untangle my body from his which earns me a growl from him.

Why did he just growl?

" My parents must be scared. Let me go. I need to let them know I am fine, please" I whisper to him

He let's my go but not completely his arm still around my waist like steel holding me against his body.

" Amaya!" I hear my dad shout.

We break out of our own little world and look up. My mom and dad are rushing to get down as fast as they can.

I feel a breeze, and turn back around to face beast but he isn't there.

"Mom, Dad! I'm fine." I yell to my parents

They finally reach down and pull me into a bone crushing hug while kissing my frantically with tears streaming down there face.

" Are you okay? Are you hurt?" They ask as they search my body for any injuries.

" No, no. I am fine. I fell but grabbed a rock and held on, from there I just climbed down."

"But we saw you fall. How can you have held onto the rock?" They question.

Amaya you couldn't lie to save your life. Literally.

" I don't know guys, the important thing is that I am fine." I say

" Of course"

"Let's go back so you can rest."

We head back to the trailer and I am shaking. Not from the cold but from because I was so close to death but didn't die.

I see my parents walking and I slow down.

" You okay honey?"

" Yeah, you guys go ahead in and relax. I wanna walk around for a while. Just need to shake that fall off."

" Are you sure?"

"Yeah"

"Okay "

As they head in I see someone from the corner of my eye. Someone in the trees.

Beast.

I walk toward where he is.

I see him now clearly as he is standing about two feet from me.

" Thank you." I say to him

He just looks my body over and nods his head

Than I do the unthinkable, something that Harley Quinn isn't even crazy enough to do.

I step towards him and put my arms around his beck to pull his head up to my level.

I could have went on my tippy toes but still couldn't even reach his shoulders.

I pull his head down and kiss his cheek as a thank you.

His eyes immediately widen.

I step back and slowly walk back to the trailer.

As I am almost there I hear a ground shattering growl and turn around to see a tree about a hundred feet tall break and fall. Birds fly out of the deep green leaves of the trees flee into the sky

I gasp.

Beast...