Close To Death

" Amaya, wake up!" Shouts my mom

Ah. The best part of my day. Note the sarcasm.

Just five more minutes...lies.

I finally decide to get out my warm comfy bed and face the world for today. As I head into the bathroom to wash up and shower I see from my trailer window something move through the trees.

Must be some animal. Hopefully not dangerous because my goal is not to die on this trip. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth.

As I am brushing white foam starts forming around my mouth. I don't get it. In every show or move that I watch and they brush there is never foam. They just spit and leave. I gotta rinse my mouth with water. Do I brush wrong?

As I step into the shower after brushing I think about the Beast. What is his real name? Surely he was not called beast his whole life, right?

I let the warm water soothe my body and wash my hair with my vanilla bean shampoo and conditioner. Is swear nothing smells better than vanilla.

After showering I step out and put on black pants and a black tank top with s red plaid shirt on top. I keep the buttons open and my converse.

I can't ever be like those girls that wear skirts with heels everyday. I remember for my high school graduation as soon as I walked off stage I took of my heels and slipped on converse. Of course no one could have really noticed because my dress was pretty long.

I head into the kitchen section of the trailer and see my mom making eggs and bacon.

God bless you mother

I grab and plate and sit down to start eating.

" Hey Amaya, wanna go rock climbing with us today?" Asks my dad as he takes a seat beside me.

" Sure. When are we gonna go?"

" Let's eat breakfast than get ready for climbing."

"Okay, I am gonna put on my workout clothes and sneakers."

I finish breakfast and leave to change. Again.

I put on my Nike workout bra and adidas shorts along with my Nike sneakers. I grab some water bottles and put them in my parents book bag.

After about an hour my parents are ready to go. I put my phone on my bed not risking it falling during the climb.

We set out onto the trail. My parents about twenty feet ahead of me and talking while I'm taking my time to enjoy the beauty of nature.

As I always asking I see the mountains and the sun shining high and bright.

" Amaya! Hurry up. We don't wanna loose you" mom shouts from far ahead.

I pick up my pace and try to catch up. I finally catch up and am trying to catch my breath. Running up the side of a mountain is not easy.

We continue climbing the mountain in peace. We than reach where the rock climbing begins.

We tie the rope the cable that comes down from the top of the big mountain around our waist. Guess people do this so often that this made this place just for climbing.

Once it is secured around our bodies we start climbing. I carefully place my hands on the rocks and pull my body up and keep repeating. My parents are ahead of me again.