Planning For the Weekend

Dean woke up on Monday, smiling when he remembered where he was. He got ready, and he and Sam left about 10 minutes later. He pulled into the school parking lot and hopped out, shutting the door completely in sync with Sam. He locked the impala before pocketing the keys, giving Baby a pat on the hood before walking into the building. He went to his locker and gathered everything he needed, the went to join Kevin, Charlie, and Cas.

"Hey guys! What's up?" He greeted. They all looked at him smiling. Charlie shrugged and Cas just furrowed his brow, cocking his head slightly.

"The ceiling is up. The sky is up. Technically, everything is up. So what exactly do you mean by what is up?" Dean just laughed, joined by Kevin and Charlie when Cas just became even more confused by their laughter.

"It's a figure of speech, Cas. How are you so innocent?" Cas just went red and looked at the ground, embarrassed. Dean clapped a hand on Cas' shoulder and Cas looked up, still red.

"Hey, buddy, don't worry about it." Dean smiled stepped away, grinning at the three people standing in front of him. Cas watched the boy with a tint smile on his face. Wow, he really is as amazing as Charlie and Kevin described him. Maybe even better than that. Dean had a similar smile on his face when he noticed Cas watching him.

"Hey, Cas? You ok?" Dean asked, focusing on the boy. Cas smiled and nodded.

"Yes, Dean. I'm ok." Dean looked away from the boy again, and again Cas' eyes lingered on Dean, scanning over him. The way his green eyes shone in the light, the way his teeth flashed when he laughed, the faint stubble on his jaw. Then, all too soon, the bell rang. They waved each other off and went their separate ways to their respective classes.

Dean sat in class, watching the projector screen as Mrs. Naomi dragged on. He mindlessly took notes, hoping the seconds would move faster so he could just get out of there. He sighed as he looked at the clock and it told him that he still had 15 minutes left of this class.

After what seemed like hours, the bell finally rang, allowing Dean to get out of that torture chamber of a classroom. He walked down the hall, heading to his next class. He sat down, looking around. Cas walked in and sat next to him, his face a little pink. Dean grinned to himself, knowing exactly what he was going to do.

"Hey Cas. What are you doing this weekend?" Dean held back laughter with a poker face as he watched Cas turn bright red. He pulled at the collar of his button up, looking extremely flustered.

"I- um- I'm free this weekend. Why?" Cas rubbed the back of his neck, looking anywhere but at Dean. Dean struggled to hold back the laughter that was threatening to burst. He swallowed, forcing his face to remain emotionless.

"I was hoping we could go see a movie or something on Sunday?" Cas became even redder and froze. Dean smiled a little but quickly dropped it when Cas looked at him.

"Sure. That would be great." The bell rang, and Cas turned to face the front of the room, leaving a stunned Dean to process what exactly had just gone down. He shook his head to clear it and turned to the front of the class, a small smile on his face.

Finally, it was lunch time. Dean sat down at the usual table, and he was joined by Kevin and Charlie about 30 seconds later. Cas sat down next to Dean, his face the slightest hint of pink.

"So," Dean said, breaking the silence. "My birthday is on Wednesday. I was thinking of having a small party at my place. Would you guys want to come? You can invite a couple people if you want." Kevin and Charlie looked at each other grinning. Dean furrowed his brow, confused at their expressions and the mischievous glint in their eyes. They look back at Dean, and he notes the way Charlie's eyes quickly flick between him and Cas.