Moving In... Again

Dean closed the box that contained the last of his things. He looked around the room that he had lived in for five days. He sighed, smiling at the thought that he would never have to see John again.

"God, I am so not going to miss this place." Dean reminisced. He stepped out into the hallway and saw the pictures of his childhood alongside his brother facing back at him. He walked into Sam's room and grabbed the box the pictures were in when they came. He stepped back out into the hall and began taking them down, not caring about the holes the nails had left in the wall. He smiled as he put the last one away, shutting the box and sealing away any remnants that he and Sam had ever been a part of that homophobic asshole's family. He knocked on Sam's door and walked in, smiling upon seeing the bare walls.

"So, you almost ready to go, kid?" Sam smiled at his older brother and nodded.

"I just want get away from John. I can't live with that homophobic douche." Dean smiled at his little brother and laughed.

"I can't either. I'm just glad we already have a place to stay. Plus it's free for a little while, which is awesome, seeing as how I couldn't afford this months rent even if I wanted to." Sam chuckled and Dean grinned. Dean squatted down and picked up a box, motioning for his little brother to do the same. "Alright then. Let's just get out of this place."

About twenty minutes later, they pulled into the driveway of John's house for the last time. They only had to make this last trip to get everything, and then they were finally free from John's abuse and all the problems he had set on them from a young age. No longer would they have to deal with his drinking, the long nights without him when he should've been there, or the delusions of creatures that go bump in the night.

After their mom's death, John had become obsessed with the paranormal. He would go off for days at a time, claiming to be hunting demons and monsters when all he did was get so drunk he couldn't remember anything the next day. He believed something in the paranormal world had caused their mother's car to combust. This belief had become even stronger after Dean's first girlfriend, Lisa, and her little brother Ben, had died in a freak accident. Dean had to take care of Sam because of how often John was gone, and was more of a father to both of them than John ever was.

Dean put the last of their things in the trunk of the impala and slammed it shut. He took the key to the house off of his key chain and chucked it at the house, smiling as it hit the door. He got in the car and grinned at his brother, revving the engine. He pulled out of the driveway with a squeal and tore off towards their new apartment.

Once they pulled up in the parking lot,  Dean smiled as he saw Charlie, Kevin, and Cas standing there, waiting to help him and Sam out. Dean parked the impala and got out, slamming the door at the same time Sam did. Dean walked to the back and popped the trunk.

~~time skip~~

Dean and Sam set the last of their boxes down, looking around the apartment that was now theirs. Dean grinned at his brother and Sam gave him a high five.

"Now the only things we have to do are unpack and argue in court for me to be your legal guardian." Sam grinned at Dean and Dean pulled him into a hug. "Should be easy, I mean to we do have legal reason." Sam laughed a little.

"True. Now can we just get started with putting stuff up? I just want to forget we ever lived at that house with that jerk." Dean responded by walking over to a box labeled 'Dean's clothes' and opening it. He picked it up and took it to the room he had claimed and began unpacking things.

Once they were done setting up the basics of their rooms, Dean realized they couldn't nail things into the walls. He went into the living room and picked the keys up from on the counter where he had set them.