Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also

Start from the beginning

“NO! We can't give up so easily! She is not dead! She told me to never give up! I refuse to believe she is dead. Breathe, Valia,” She thumped my chest hard once, twice, three times. Then blew into my mouth several times in a row, then slammed her fist into my chest again. That was when I felt it. The jolt.

My body jerked upright... suddenly, to an almost sitting position with the sharp intake of breath. Next thing I new my eye shot open wide, and light blinded me; it was so bright. The noises from all around me; the screaming first, Icka, than, Lady Gaia, finally the thud of, Bavo hitting the floor. “Valia, your back.” Icka screamed into my ear. Damn, that hurt, with that high pitched voice of hers. She threw her arms around me and hugged me tight.

“Ugg... that hurts lighten up a little. That's better, thanks, sis. I hurt all over did someone beat me up or something?” I asked. Lady Gaia, stood back up and laid her hand upon my bare stomach, and the pain vanished. “Ah, that is much better. Thanks, your a blessing in disguise.” I looked over the edge of the bed at, Bavo who was just string on the floor. “Hi there big brother welcome back. Giggle.” He looked up at me with his trade mark smirk; that's my big brother for ya.

“Hi, sis welcome back nice to see you too. Glad to have you back, wish you didn't have to scare us that way though.” Bavo commented then gave me a brotherly hug after he got to his feet. So unlike him. “You gave us quite the scare when we couldn't get you back I hope you know, we thought we lost you for good. It was Icka that never gave up on you. She is the one that finally brought you back.” Bavo informed me.

“I knew I could count on you, little sister. That is why I picked you in the first place. Thank you so much for not giving up on me.” I hugged her tightly. “So, did any of you get to see the baby when she was born?” I really wanted to know what she looked like.

“She was so beautiful; while she was here that is. You should have seen the commotion when she just vanished right out of the crib, right before the nurses eyes. They went frantic looking for her. That was right about the same time you originally died on the table. The whole room went crazy.” Icka explained. “She has the prettiest smoky gray eyes and a little button nose, oh and rosy cheeks; she was adorable.” I wish I could have seen her even for the briefest moment, but now I guess we will have to wait till she comes back to us at a later date.

“She sounded beautiful, sigh. I so wish I could have seen her with my own eyes. Well, she is with her real mother now The Moon Goddess.” I stated.

“You are her real mother too, Valia. Always remember that, just as much as The Moon Goddess is. You are the one that carried her and gave birth to her, that make you as much her mother as The Moon Goddess is.” Lady Gaia insisted.

“Valia? Should I release the door and let everyone back into the room? Are you ready for a load of guest and questions?” Bavo headed to the door.

“No time like the present then maybe I can get some rest. I am beat, oh and can someone get me something for the pain, Lady Gaia, can't stand around all day holding my belly now can she?” Right about then the door broke open and in rushed several doctors, nurses, the Queen and mom and dad; just who I didn't want to see right about now. My sisters backed away from me while the doctors checked me over prodding me every which way to Sunday, while I watched, Lady Gaia talking to one of the nurses about what I told her about my pain meds. Right away the nurse started filling up a syringe full with a dark yellow liquid I assumed was some kind of pain killer. I was fending off all kinds of questions from every direction, from doctors and nurses alike. Finally, they were satisfied I wasn't going to keel over, and the nurse with the syringe with the meds stepped forward and shot me up with whatever she had pulled into it, and within a few minutes my pain drifted into the nether regions of my mind.