Double, Double, Toil and Trouble/Take Me To Church

It was...very bright. Obvious, we--well, whittled down to an I, knew. And I felt like I was going to puke again, as if this couldn't possibly get any weirder. "All right--so I admit the deal was...um...wrong--but I have a day left. A day. I can let him go, you'll see! Please, don't let me go, O Savior of Heaven..." 

It was strange--the puking feeling just stopped, as did the headache. However, a new feeling bubbled up. A witchy feeling. One I'd need God's light to conquer. Dammit, it was love! 

"You deal with him...I'm just gonna go and--sit over here, I guess..." 

Suddenly, as if fate called me not yet finished, I heard a knocking. A tapping, a snapping, a dually hypnotic sound whose goal seemed to lure me in worse than jazz was expected to in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. 

"Why be a buzzkill, darling? Join us here...you want to see your lover, don't you?" 

I had to resist, the pounding in my head, the strangeness of the light, the disappointment of my Mother and my mother...both the mothers in my life. It was description-defying, maybe...

...but what was I to interfere in the ways of godly thinking? He clearly had some plan in mind, else he wouldn't have commanded me to be so curtly blunt that next night--was it a night?-- causing yelling and screaming and Hosier blasting and Vitamin String Quartet and a bunch of other things to crop up. I wondered then, as I let him go, what would become of me.

Was this what He wanted? Then why the floating pit and the judgmental statue and speechless nun and--why did I suddenly feel so dizzy again? Content, but dizzy and suddenly wishing I were at church or something? I didn't want to be let go because I took too long to choose.

"GO HOME! GO HOME, ROY! Just...go, go before your heart gets rent to shreds..."

After that, I was sure I was warm enough to be cooked in an oven and fainted again on the grass.

"O Santo Pai, salva-me de min mesmo e as miñas inclinacións demoníacas ...for I am a witch! A witch among humans! A...a terrible thing that doesn't know love or affection!"