I-75/Catholic Guilt: The Musical

Breathing. Again, I tossed and turned a bit, wondering where to start now. This whole thing seemed like a series of unfinished vignettes rather than a full narrative, and I was confused as to my part in it yet again and once more. 

"So you want me to stand naked and yell about your son on a busy highway, possibly risking getting run over? Good! That's a good thing...and what of my boyfriend? What about him and everyone else?! You really have no clue, do you?! What, are you gonna blow that horn afterwards and make an even bigger spectacle? Look, just because you can, doesn't mean you shouldn't stop and say–okay, it's a good idea...I've lived a good life, right? STOP DOING THAT! STOP IT! I DON'T TELL YOU THINGS FOR A REASON..."

Was it still fucking winter? I didn't even listen to the filthy rat on TV--Philoctetes or something-- for the weather the way everyone else did. I figured it was and I hated it because not only was I going to be dressed as a naked Virgin Mary, which was already weird--it was cold. Cold, fuck.

"What do you know about me? What do you know, you omnipotent Willy Wonka?!" 

I was going to puke and attempted to squeeze this into a musical scene. The counterpoint duet. The ethereal choir and the pit and the lyrical dissonance. The set design, surreal. I wanted the audience to be transported into a world where they felt like children and frozen adults...like me, yet mentally growing up somehow, the ominous choir music in my head swelling triumphantly before turning into a calm melody of acceptance along with the halt of the childlike music.

"Are you real, because that idea is strange and creepy...almost as much as the Borg-style harmony idea you're pulling here. Why am I in it?! Why haven't you given up already?!"

All I got for my troubles was a sly little smirk and a kiss. A wet, delicious kiss. All I got for that was a warm rosary and hand, plus a smile too.

"Non imos facer, e, en vez facer outra cousa."

"Por que? Por que temos que deixar que os malos humanos viven entre o ben?"