Two Coveted Lovers/Light, Balance and Harmony

So there he was, or there I was, after the battle was won, using Royal's shirt to wipe the sweat from my dripping brows and face, a sheepish grin as we stood floating there nervously itching for something to break the silence. "Well, this is awkward--dammit. Two measly--" 

"--seconds we have in front of your majesty, sir. I would love to apologize for my childish behavior. Very, very childishly out of line...please have mercy on me--for I wish to be your handmaiden forever washing your feet, a Pallas dispensing your angelic wisdom when I am old and gray and wizened by age or some other metaphor--I want to be part of this fantastic world of yours and shine as bright as the name you have bestowed upon me--if I have one at all."

Twiddling thumbs wasn't even the half of how awkwardly focused it all was. Would she hate me for a Greek goddess reference? Would she never speak to me through a dream again if I'd asked because clearly I hadn't gotten it the first several times and, like a forgetful blue tang, needed a big reminder. 

"You want something from me, don't you? You want...to purify me and I...YOU'RE LIKE AN ARTIST! AN ARTIST THAT just loves his creation...BUT IS SO...incredibly patient with his art...IT'S SO HARD TO GET MAD AT YOU...and yet...and yet, all I can muster by range of emotion is a flat majesty as I kneel at your feet and hold in the crying, the moaning of delight...the awkwardness as I put the rosary down and wonder why you want me to read the chapter where David is crowned king, because power goes to my head regrettably and you know that...YOU KNOW THAT...right?"  

Silence, then a smile from Mary which sent mixed signals all around. 

"You're an inquisitive little one, but such a temper....we'll have to fix that, won't we? Just...so much time spent with...we need both of you...now, come home! Come home!"