I rest my head on his shoulder. "I'll miss you too."

We stay like that for a while.

Shawn is one of my friends who also stays by me for me and not for my title. He's my other best friend. Guy best friend. His mom made it into Famous. Mrs. Sheridan, is the owner of a prestigious fashion line and company. His dad and siblings live on Famous too.

Guess even with one parent who made it to Famous, you get thrown out to 'survive' on your own. And since I got two parents- lucky me.

Once three pm strikes, the bell rings, indicating the need to rush to the auditorium.

Once everyone is settled, Ms. Privett, our principal, steps up to the microphone.

"Good afternoon, students. I am sure that you are all aware of the upcoming ceremony, this December." She pauses. "And because this ceremony is near, we must say goodbye to three students who will be leaving us."

The entire place falls quiet. Though we know who we are, we who need to move feel quite nervous.

"First, we have a remarkable young gentleman who has proven himself to be talented in the areas of performing and playing sports. His mother was once chosen to be part of the top five of the Elevated to enter Famous and thus he must too do his best to strive for his name to be famous. Now, let us call on Mr. Shawn Sheridan!"

The crowd claps and it sounds like a thunderstorm. I, too, clap my hands and watch as Shawn makes his way to the stage. He stands as a young gentleman of his name and stature. His expression is guarded, but being a friend of his for fifteen years, grade school to college, I can see that he's nervous.

"Next, we have a beautiful, talented, young lady. She's proven to be quite a remarkable cheerleader and amazing performer. Her father made it to Famous being a famous performer and artist. Let's give it up for Miss Brittany Hill!"

All heads turn to see Brittany strut onto the stage. She smiles brightly and waves as if she's won a worldwide pageant. Don't get me wrong, we're not enemies or rivals. We just- never became friends.

Her dad, Shawn's mom, and my parents are of the same batch.

"Lastly, we have another beautiful talented girl. She's known to be a fashion designer, performer, and an author. Both her parents made it to Famous where they met and had a family. But now this young lady must too, prove her worth and talent. Let's clap our hands for Miss Khira Madrig!"

I make my way to the stage, all eyes on me.

Once I'm standing next to Shawn, the entire audience claps in sympathy and pride.

"We are proud to have had such talented and amazing students with us these past years, from grade school to college. May the guidance and blessing of the Lord above be with you in your next journey." Ms. Privett says.

The crowd claps again and then we're dismissed.

After being dismissed, Shawn, Ashley and I head to a café.

"I guess I'll be seeing you guys in the future." Ashley says solemnly.

Shawn smiles sadly. "You girls are my favorite people in school. Kind, honest, caring, smart, and true. I'll never find friends like you."

Ashley and I stare at him. After a few seconds, we laugh.

"Did you just make that up now, Shawn?" I ask with a smile.

He winks. "You don't believe in my author-istic skills?"

We continue laughing.

"But seriously though. I will miss you two. You accepted me for who I am. Not that my struggle with fake friends is as great as Khira's. Hehe."
Shawn says.

I roll my eyes.

"What if both of you got placed in the same place? But you wouldn't know?" Ashley says suddenly, slamming her fist on the table.

Shawn and I share a look. "That would be cool." He says with a smile.

I shrug. "Yeah."

We talk for another few hours.

I glance at my watch and see that it's seven o' clock.

"We should go." I say.

The three of us get up. We take turns giving each other a tight hug.

I hand them a bracelet I made for each of them and an envelope with letters.

Shawn gives me a locket and a letter, and Ashley gives me a bracelet and a letter as well.

"See you around." I say with a wave.

I text our driver, Felix. He comes around the corner in a few minutes with an SUV. No more limos for me.

"Hey, Khira. You ready?" He asks as I get in.

"Yes!" I exclaim. He looks at me with shock.

I laugh nervously. "Actually, no. I'm very not ready."

He smiles kindly. "You'll do great. Don't worry."

I smile.

Music plays, interrupting the silence.

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

I listen to this song a lot. "I love this song." I whisper.

Felix looks at me through the mirror. "I do too. But remember, although it is a must to be unashamed of your faith, be careful. Many dangers can happen to you. Especially since now you're alone."

I smile understandingly. "I am not alone. Maybe physically, but not spiritually."

Felix laughs. "And there you go. I'm glad your parents raised you the way they did. You've always been like a daughter to me."

My smile slowly fades. "I'll miss you, Felix. You've always been loyal and kind."

He laughs softly. "You're welcome, Khira. And always remember-"

He pauses, and hands me an envelope, with his eyes still on the road.

"- you'll always be a princess to me. To your family."

I smile and accept the envelope.

"Send my thanks and love to Amber." I say.

Felix nods. Amber is his loving wife who also treats me like I'm their daughter.

I look out the window and let the music envelope the car.

In a few minutes, the airport comes to view. I take a breath.

Goodbye to my comfort zone and past, hello to my undecided, unknown future.