Chapter Two

"Come on Evelyn," Jazzy pleads. I sigh knowing I can't.

"Keith has a surprise for me at home," I try to convince her. She gives up and sighs.

"Next week, you have to come to our after party," Lin tells me.

"We'll see," I smile. I grab my bag and head for the door. I see Anthony in the corner of my eye staring at my cheek with a concern look. Shit, the makeup is coming off. I hurry up and leave. I check my phone to see what time it is. Seven thirty-five. Shit. I fasten my walking pace. After about ten minutes, I'm at my apartment. I unlock my door to see an angry Keith.

"You're late," he growled.

"I know, I'm sorry. I tried to leave but I couldn't leave bec-" I try to but I get interrupted with a slap.

"I don't want your pathetic excuses," he yells. I wince in fear. I can smell the alcohol reeking from his breath. I don't say anything because it will probably anger him more. He pushes me against the wall.

"I don't want you working for that bastard!" he yells at me. I let the tears stream down my face as he continues to yell at me.

"They're changing you," he whispers the last part. He pulls me into a hug.

"Promise me you're going to quit," he tells me.

"Opening day is in a week," I tell him.

"Bitch! Do you think I care?" he slaps me. We both hear a knock on the door. "Stay," he orders me. I nod in response as he leaves.

Keith's P.O.V

"May I help you?" I ask a light skinned male covered in freckles.

"Yeah, is Evelyn here?" he asks. That bitch! She better not be fucking cheating on me.

"She is, but she's busy. May take a message?"

"Yeah, tell just tell her Anthony was here to, um, ask about opening night," he made the last part up, I can tell.

"Will do," I close the door. I head back to the living room to confront her.

"Whore!" I scream in her face.

Evelyn's P.O.V

"Whore!" his knuckles collide with my jaw. I stay still to not anger him. He finally calms down. "You're sleeping on the couch tonight," he tells me. I sigh and leave to go to the basement knowing that I will not get dinner tonight. I can change him. I know I can. He's my beast and I'm his Belle, right? Yes.