Chapter 18.

Our Saturday night plans rolled around quickly and before long Kate and I were in her bathroom getting ready. Kate was standing in front of the mirror, pyjama clad flicking through her iPod.
Something Aussie, she murmured, ...Siiiaaa.
I laughed at her choice and Cheap Thrills began to play as she plugged the iPod into the dock we had sitting on the bathroom shelf. Kate gazed at the two of us in the mirror and started to sway to the music. I pulled off my tee and shorts and slipped into my red dress, turning my back to Kate so she could zip me up. The tune relaxed me, thoughts of our night ahead were exciting me and I couldn't wait to see the others. Leslie especially was keen, talking about it for most of the day. We were hitting an exclusive club, and I was excited as to whom else may be out partying too.

'Come on, come on, turn the radio on
It's Saturday and I won't be long' Kate sang to me in the mirror. I joined in, 'Gotta paint my nails, put my high heels on, It's Saturday and I won't be long'
We giggled and Kate sexily pulled off her clothing, standing and facing me in just her underwear, tugging at her bra strap as if to tease me, 'I got all I need, No I ain't got cash, I ain't got cash, But I got you baby' she teased, kissing me. I kissed her back, and then moved down her neck, I pulled away and looked toward us in the mirror. We belted out the next verse together, 'Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight, Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight, But I don't need no money, As long as I can feel the beat, I don't need no money, As long as I keep dancing' with Kate yelling out the 'I love cheap thrills' line.
I burst out laughing each time,
You calling me cheap?
Never! she replied.

After we had finished up our make up, we started the night with a class of wine, kissing each other with excitement, Kate's hand finding the zip of my dress again, tugging at it. Suddenly we heard a buzz from the intercom and Kate ran over to the speaker,
My bitches ready? blared Leslie's voice.
On our way, replied Kate, sculling the rest of her wine, zipping me back up and grabbing my hand and her purse.

The drive to the club was a mess of drinks and laughter as our driver pulled up to the curb of the venue. We piled out, Kristen locking arms with me and smiling. We were a group of loud laughter and pretty dresses; we headed inside and a few patrons pointed at us, recognising the girls, whistling and calling their names. How do you deal with this? I asked into Kristen's ear. With grace, she replied and waved with a big smile to the other attendees.

We headed to the back of the club, the music was loud and rhythmic, a table was reserved for us and a waiter brought over a tray of random drinks.
For the Ghostbusters, he said with a smile.
We eagerly all took drinks and I ended up with a glass of wine. Leslie and Kate had gone straight for the shots, clinking them against each other, shooting them and then banging the empty glasses down in the table in unison. Melissa laughed, raising her arms, including her glass above her head and yelled out in excitement. Kate and Leslie laughed, embracing and Leslie kissing Kate's hand. Another round of drinks was brought over moments later, I was still going with my wine but grabbed another. A tray of food was brought over, 'this place looks to fancy to be serving fries,' I said to Leslie, yelling over the music and taking a fry, pushing it into my mouth. 'Baby everywhere in America serves fries' Kristen snorted in laughter.
You do realise you said that in a perfect  American accent Lau? Melissa yelled.
Ha!! I did, didn't I?
Kate nuzzled my neck.
Leave it for the bedroom ladies, Melissa cried and then laughed.

Mmmmkay...who wants to dance? I said loudly, pouring the last of my second glass of wine down my throat. Kristen pushed a handful of fries into her mouth, raising her arms up in the air, Me! Me! Me! she cried, grabbing my hand over the table, over Melissa's head, who ducked and pulled me over to the dance floor. The music was pounding. The small dance floor was crowded and the strobe of the lights lit up the gathering sweat on our faces. Kristen was such a good dancer, her signature finger moves cutting through the heat of the air. Before I knew it, Kate was next to me, Leslie and Melissa still at the table, downing more drinks.
This is awesome, I yelled over the music. I knew neither girl had any idea of what I said and they both nodded at me blankly.

The three of us danced for a while, then headed back to the table, Leslie and Melissa already displaying their new tipsy personalities. Kate and I sat next to each other, her arm around my shoulders, pushing one of the shots sitting on the table into my hand with the other. The blonde picked up her own and we clinked glasses, downed the drink and tapped them back loudly on the table. We both reached for another, repeating our last motion. Kate leaned into me, kissing me slowly. I pushed her blonde locks from her sweaty face, curling them behind her ear. She pulled my face closer to hers with a smile, deepening her kisses. Our bodies were pressed close together, I love you so much, I said suddenly, instantly pulling away, lips parted, realising what I had just said. Maybe Kate didn't hear, we were drunk. But Kate had heard. The beauty before me, beamed at me, took my face in her hands and kissed me again, I've loved you for so long.

Laddiieesssss Melissa called to us from down the table, she then grabbed Leslie and Kristen's hands, pulling them onto the dance floor. She motioned to Kate and I, and all I could see was Melissa as Abby, in her scene, motioning to Erin to interview Kevin. I was so tipsy, but grabbed Kate's hand, kissed it and pulled her back out onto the floor.
We all danced for ages, laughing and testing out dance moves and joining in with other club goers.

A few hours later, sweaty, drunk and tired we were done. A car had been arranged to collect us and take us all home. Kate and I returning to her apartment and the other three girls had booked a hotel not too far from us. The drive home was just as loud as the one to arrive and we all chattered and the excitement was still at a high level, despite all being exhausted.

Kate and I waved to the others as we were dropped home. Leslie stuck her head out of the window, and yelled, Use protection! I snorted with laughter and Kate embraced me, byyyeee Leslie, she yelled in a serious voice.

We stumbled up the stairs to Kate's apartment and almost fell into the room. We both headed to the bedroom, taking off our own clothes as we did, leaving them strewn across the floor. We didn't even bother with lights. Kate grabbed my shoulders and held me against the bedroom wall, pushing her lips into my neck. I grabbed her soft curls and gently pushed her harder into me. We were only in underwear, but not for long as we pulled them off each other and Kate worked her way down my body, kissing me, then stopping and licking where she knew I was most sensitive. I looked down at her, I was so drunk, yet so focussed. I moaned in the moment, feeling myself shake, I didn't want it to stop but I leaned down and pulled her back up, kissing her, tasting where she had been. My gorgeous girlfriend stared at me, her smile big in the dim moonlight. I leaned in to kiss her, but she pulled back, let's never let this end babe, she whispered, we will make his work. I smiled and then kissed her.