" He will be having his 70% shares and the rest will be ours, but that remaining 30% will be more than enough, believe me my son this is our golden chance, we will be back in our previous lifestyle, even you can return to London to that woman. Don't worry about anything else my boy" Uncle spoke with greed. I loath them right now, how they could take decisions of my life, I won't let them do this to me.

""Uncle, can I go to my room now?" I asked him,

"Yes, go and be ready, tomorrow I have to take you somewhere important," he instructed me and I left. I closed the door behind me and make sure to lock it completely and walked to my bed, I laid Adil on the bed and took off his shoes and change him into his pajamas after making sure he is comfortable, I walked into the bathroom, changed into some comfy clothes and done my ablution. I offered my prayers and made my dua.

I slowly opened my bedroom door and peeked through it to analyze the situation and from the silence; I think they both have gone to their bedrooms. I quickly close the door and marched towards the study room where I have kept some of my things hidden in a box. I opened the door and slide that heavy bookcase a bit to pick up my box behind it; carefully I opened the lid and saw the only belongings I have left from my parents. There was a diamond ring of my mother which my father gave it to her on her wedding day, two gold bracelets and my father's expensive watches, tie pins and one white gold brooche, I took them all out and lastly, I took out my most favorite chain which my mother gave me on my fifteen birthday, it was a gold chain with a heart shape picture frame pendant in which there was our family pic, my dad, my mother holding little Adil and I was standing in between them. So many memories came rushing down in my mind and I could not stop myself from crying, I put all those things back into my box and carried it to my room. I don't want to sell any of these, but now I need money to run away from here because I can't live here anymore, right now I have to save Adil and myself. I took out a suitcase and start packing, after packing Adil stuff I packed some of mine, I didn't load the suitcase with my belongings I just kept those things which I could use in time, I opened my drawer and grab my file which consisted of my documents, my degree and some other important papers. I placed it in my suitcase and zipped it up. 

Now I only need some money, which I could use to get away from this city, I took out my wallet and count the money and luckily I have enough to get to the other city, Uncle Javed had given me some money for grocery today, so I can use it as well

Now I only need some money, which I could use to get away from this city, I took out my wallet and count the money and luckily I have enough to get to the other city, Uncle Javed had given me some money for grocery today, so I can use it as well. I put my bag near the suitcase and lay down next to sleeping Adil and drifted to sleep.

I woke up by the sound of Azaan, I laid on my bed and listened to it carefully and then I offered my prayers I made my dua to Allah (SWT) to help me and to guide me to take the right choices for both of us, after prayers I woke Adil and we both got dressed, I took his little hand in mine and lifted that heavy suitcase with another one.

"Api, let me help you" Adil whispered and took my hand bag from my hands, "Thank you buddy, let's get down before they wake up, you go open the door, I will be there in a minute, okay," I said and carried a suitcase down the stairs as quietly as possible, Adil was standing in the door frame waiting for me, I handed him some chocolate bars which I had grabbed from the kitchen along with a bag of fruits and bottles of milk and orange juice.

"Alex will be so mad Api! You have taken all of his chocolates" he said smiling, I smiled back at him,

"Don't worry about it," I said and we both started walking to the main road, after twenty minutes' walk we reached to the bus stop, there were only few people sitting on the bench with their luggage waiting for the bus to arrive, I move to the ticket booth and buy two tickets for us, we both sat down on the nearby bench and ate our breakfast. After waiting for more ten minutes our bus arrives and we both got into it.

"We will be out of this city in two hours, we won't come back to this hell hole again, everything is going to be fine now," I assured myself and looked at the beautiful view outside the window. Adil was a bit excited to see all this he was asking so many questions about random things, after he fall asleep, I made my plan,  so first  I will have to sell the jewelry so that I will have enough money to spend couple of months easily, then I have to get a small house or an apartment for rent, after that I will search for a job so I can pay my bills and Adil's school expenses.

I hope all the things go smoothly as I have planned.

I was tired from the last night so easily I fall asleep, but woke up from the commotion outside I quickly placed my dupatta on my head and opened the window only to find some men looking for someone, they have stopped the bus and were enquiring from the driver. I looked around and saw Alex standing next to his car talking on his phone and looking in our direction, I quickly closed the window, but for my bad luck he saw me and strode towards us, not giving me time to get my things and left this bus, he climbs up to the bus and grabbed my hand roughly, and tugged me with him,

"Don't create any scene here Areesha or else the outcome will be worse," he muttered and climbs down from the bus to his car,

"Get Adil and bring him to me," he ordered a bulky man standing next to him, Alex took out a zip tie and tied my hands after pushing me on the back seat, after a while he throws Adil next to me and started to drive. I was just too afraid to utter a single word. Adil was holding me tightly fear evident on his face.

I don't know what they will do to me now, but I am sure this time they will be more severe punishment for me. I clean the tears from the back of my hand and embrace Adil.

*^*^*^*^*^*

COVERS BY: MarthaElsamrani

^*^*^*^*^*^*

So, how was it?

Do

Vote

Comment

And

Share

Until next time

Iraj

Date: 19-2-2017