Chapter 13, Fear

Natsu's Pov, 

Once Igneel and I got onto the roof we saw some type of alter. Nashi had chains connecting her to it. Under the alter and Nashi was a giant glowing dark purple magic seal. Looking just like Jellal's and Lucy's seal when they used powerful magic. Layla Heartfilla was standing next to Nashi smirking toward me and Igneel. Next to her was Lucifer and Wraith. My eyes widen with fear and worried seeing Lucy. Her eyes were purple like Lucifer's as her hair was a little darker. Her normal outfit even changed.

From gold, white and blue to black and purple. "What did you do to her?" I asked deadly looking toward Layla who laughed moving forward. "Turned her back to her real self like how your real self is E.N.D" Layla spoke as I froze in some shock. True self? I knew I had the demon inside of me. I knew that monster if had the chance would take over to kill people. I also knew that monster changed. It fell in love with Lucy and our children. The monster inside of me changed. We were one in the same.

"More like forced her to be something she didn't want to be" Igneel spoke harshly flames coming off both of our bodies. Wraith and Lucifer moved fast toward us. Igneel and I both moved. Both using our fist to hit our targets. I took on Lucifer while Igneel took on Wraith. Both us fighting with everything we got. Wraith was smirking as Lucifer looked bored out of his mind. The fight kept going us all were matched. Sadly that was a huge problem. I noticed the moon in the sky turning red. It's tinted red light hitting the alter.

The seal turned red itself as Nashi was scared begging for Lucy to snap out of it. "Now my daughter bring back your true power but killing another" Layla spoke as Igneel and I froze slightly with even more fear. Killing another? Nashi. Igneel and I tried moving fast toward Nashi but Lucifer and Wraith hit up both away. Lucifer turned his arm into a weapon as Wraith and Igneel were fighting with close combat. I felt scales grow on my skin as horns were slowly growing along side them.

Like I had said before. E.N.D and I were now the same. We both cared for our family and we wasn't going to let anyone hurt them. As I moved toward Lucifer we clashed as E.N.D had made a sword in my hand made of fire to block off Lucifer's. Lucifer was soon smirking now getting into the fight. Meaning he was soon to go full out. I had to speed this up. "LUCY" I shouted as I kept fighting with Lucifer. I had to do something. I saw Lucy moving in front of Nashi who was crying slightly. 

"LUCY REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE! YOU ARE NOT THAT WOMAN'S PUPPET" I shouted getting a cut on my side from Lucifer as he was pushing me back. Even with me tapping into E.N.D's power he was pushing me back. This was worrying. "MUM YOU WAS THE ONE WHO ALWAYS SAYS NO ONE CAN BEAT US DRAGNEEL'S. PROVE IT MUM YOU ARE STRONGER THAN THIS" Igneel shouted as Wraith and him were still matched up. Both unable to push the other back. I on the other hand was struggling slightly.

Lucy had a unknown looking glowing dagger in her hand. "Mummy.... I love you" Nashi whispered as Lucy was frozen. Layla looked annoyed slightly. "You would pick to be this weak? You are the Nightmare Princess Lucy. Remember who you really are. Remember who you was before the Celestail King locked away your true self" Layla spoke as this reminded me way to much of myself. E.N.D. My older brother would say that. He would talk about how my true self was being his strongest demon.

It wasn't. I picked my path. I was unable to shout to Lucy anymore as Lucifer was getting harder and harder to fight. His power was rising much faster and bigger than my own. That was when I let it go. E.N.D was out to play. He was on control....

Meanwhile, Lucy's Pov, 

Everything was cold. Quiet. Painful even. I was unsure on what was happening. One second I was struggling to get out of a magic seal and then next I was floating in darkness. I was slowly slipping away. My eyes were trying to close. I knew if I closed them they would never open again. It was hard to keep them open. I was trying to use anything. My phoenix magic was unable to work. I was unable to summon Eclair or my old spirits. "Mummy.... I love you" I heard my daughters voice echo around.

My eyes widen to hear the fear in her voice. The pain of heart break. It had woken me up fully. I did felt as if I was about to pass out. I looked around to see nothing but darkness. Nashi. She was in trouble. She was hurt. "You would pick to be this weak? You are the Nightmare Princess Lucy. Remember who you really are. Remember who you was before the Celestail King locked away your true self"  I heard my mothers voice. My true self.... My bit my bottom lip hard to stay even more away.

I pushed myself. I felt my magic starting to come back to me. "My true self.... I AM LUCY DRAGNEEL OF FAIRY TAIL" I shouted as everything started to get brighter. The darkness fading as soon great pain was shooting inside of me. After a blink of an eye I felt myself finally come back into control. 

I heard three harsh and deadly words.

"You idiot girl

A voice filled with rage.

Harsh and deadly.

Bloodlust showing.

I had to fight.

For my family.