EPILOGUE

"Life is a book, and there are a thousand pages I have not read. I would read them together with you as many as I can before I die." She put her hand against her palm, a unique time signature that was all its own.
"I only wish you would not speak of dying." She said. "But even for that, yes I know how you are with your words, and I love all of them. Every word you say. The silly ones, the mad ones, the beautiful ones, and the ones that are only for me. I love them and I love you."

In the calm night, in the huge library of their Academy, she sparkled bright and clear. He listened to her as she read their all time favorite book "Clockwork Princess", lips moving gently and nothing ever sounded more beautiful to him than hearing her sweet, gleeful voice.

"Honestly the entire book is perfection, pero yan ang favorite part ko." Saad ni Sam tsaka sinarado ang libro at nilapag sa kanyang lap. "Ikaw ano sayo? Ano yung favorite part or quote mo dun?"

"Are you that curious?" Isang ngiti ang sumilay sa labi ni Kiel.

Ngumiti din si Sam nilang tugon. "Absolutely curious."

Standing up from his chair, Kiel made his way to Sam's side, pulling her up, face to face.
He reached out for her free hand, interlacing their fingers together. His eyes wasn't vampire red or warewolf yellow, it was warm and tender, his normally brown eyes.

"Marry me." He said. "Marry me, Tess. Marry me and be called Tessa Herondale. Or be Tess Gray, or be whatever you wish to call yourself, but marry me and stay with me and never leave me, for I cannot bear another day of my life to go by that does not have you in it."

He ended saying the quote with the biggest smile, and Sam could swear that her heart stuttered, not only at his wide smile but at the way he recited his favorite par of the book.

"Gusto ko din ang part na yan." She blurted out, a pink blush dancing on her cheeks.

Kiel could only chuckle at how adorable and endearing she looked, then unexpectedly and still holding ger hand, he kneeled down as he captured her gaze.

"Actually I have lots of favorite parts, but I said that one on purpose."

"On purpose?" Sam blinked like a lost puppy.

Chuckling again, Kiel took out a thin silver band from his pocker causing Sam's heart to keep higher than earlier. It was a familiar band. The silver band that Hybrid's use instead of rings when they propose to their beloved mates.

"Sam.." He called out, his tone ever so loving and kind like it always did. "Will you have the honor to be my Tessa Herondale?"

With tears of happiness emerging in her eyes, she nodded, allowing him to slid the band on her wrist.

"I will." She said happily. "Its always been an honor to be your partner life, Kiel Veloso."

***

While heading back to their respective dorms, a messy footsteps from behind frightened them. Turning around, they were greeted by none other than Kyroune who was mischievously.

"Dude, anong ningingisi-ngisi mo diyan?" Kiel quirked both eyebrows.

"Nasaksihan ko lang naman ang best proposal ever."

Sam's eyes widened as if it would pop out from its sockets.

"Were you spying on us?"
"Nope, I didn't but my vision did." Kyroune winked in which his bestfriends rolled their eyes in return. "Well y'know, the perks of being a fully warewolf, unlike your Hybrid boyfriend."

"Screw your visions. At least Hybrids are hot."

"Are you saying that I'm unattractive?"
"As a matter of fact, you are attractive, Kyroune Sandoval but you're not hot."