Chapter 8.

Lately, they've been living infinite moments as if the two of them would perish tomorrow. It wasn't really something big or some risky adventures, but it was those kind of infinite moments and memories where it's worth to be cherished for a long time and worth to be tattooed in the depths of their hearts.

On Saturdays, they would watch the yellows and the oranges of 5am sunrise.

On Sundays, they would watch the beautiful pinks and the breathtaking purples of 5pm sunset.

On Mondays, they would go on long car rider with the window down, enjoying the soft breeze brushing their faces.

On Tuesdays, they would go on bike rides after school with wind dancing in their hair and music in their ears, taking them into a world of their own.

On Wednesdays, they would play with children in a public part nearby their academy, they would sorround themselves with those little innocent souls to remind themselves that good things can still be found in a corner and to prove that the world isn't always a cold, harsh place.

On Thursdays, they would compose and record love songs and make the city like a stadium, performing in front of million of strange faces.

On Fridays, they would read books to one another like a bedtime story and exchange poems written by their own selves, and that was their favorite since they were bibliophiles and pure addict to literature.

***

"Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy!"

"Sorry, did I offend you?" Yumuko  nalang sa kahihiyan si Sam at dahil na rin sa namumula ang mga pisngi nito.

"Don't take it seriously, you're not creepy." The boy tousled her hair in affection, laughing a little at how she blush easily.

Ngumiti lang si Sam at inabot ang isang libro; by Cassandra Clare, kakahiram lang niya ito sa library. "Read for me"

Walang sabi-sabi ay kinuha ni Kiel ang libro. Pinasandal nito si Sam sa kanyang balikat, ganito sila palagi tuwing binabasahan niya ito ng libro incase makatulog si Sam habang nagbabasa siya.

"Tess, Tess, Tessa.
Was there ever a more beautiful sound than your name?
To speak it loud makes my heart ring like a bell.
Change to imagine that, isn't it a heart ringing,
But when you touch me that is what it is like: as if my heart is ringing in my chest and the sound shivers down my veins and splinters my bones with joy.

Why have I written these words in this book?
Because of you.

You taught me to love this book where I had scorned it.
When I read it for the second time,
With an open mind and heart, I feel the most complete despair and envy of Sydney Carton.
Yes, Sydney, for even if he has no hope that the woman he loved would love him.
At least he could tell her of his love.
At least he could do something to prove his passion, even if that thing was to die."

Kumunot ang noo ni Sam ng huminto si Kiel sa pagbabasa. "Bakit huminto ka? You know I love listening to your voice."

She hated that she liked getting attached to his voice because it was no ordinary one. It was like a symphony, a sound of a fallen angel.

"Akala ko nakatulog ka na." Saad ni Kiel. Tiniklop niya ang libro at inilapag sa may bench.

Tahimik lang silang nakaupo sa bench pero nararamdaman nilang dalawa na hindi ito yung nakasanayan nilang katahimikan. It was uncomfortable.

"Anong iniisip mo? May bumabagabag ba sayo?"

And he said something that broke her heart. "I feel like I'm slipping away each day."