Chapter 4: Peyton's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I noticed that. He called her princess, and he saved her when she almost fell of his bed." Ratliff says. "Well anyway I have an idea for Pey's party. Here's what we'll do. We'll have Ratilff and Ryland take her out for the day. While there out we'll go to Carlos' and get Kassia and bring her here. We'll go out and get Peyton's presents with her help. I know I want to get Pey a puppy, that'll we'll help with. And a bunch of other stuff." Rydel says placing a hand on Ratliff's shoulder. "We could also could throw her a surprise party. And invite all of her friends over, and invite over Ryland's friend Makenna, my friend Kylie, and Rocky's friend Natalie. " Ross says. We all nod in agreement.  Just then Ryland and Peyton walk up. We all shut our faces.

Ryland's pov:

Once we approach the others, they fall silent.  They turn around, to see us. A few jaws drop, when they see me holding Peyton's hand. "What?" I ask. "Nothing. I thought you never really liked kids." Rydel says. "What are you talking about? I love kids, that don't get on my nerves. And I love kids that dye Rocky's hair green." I say, glancing down at Peyton. She smiles, and puts her hands up in the air.  I pick her up, and look at the guys. "Ready?" Ratliff asks. "Yep." The rest of us say in together. "Leggo." Rocky says for the second time today. "Okay! That is getting old." Peyton says, placing her small arms around my neck. Raitlff kisses Rydel's head, before coming over to us. Rydel's cheek start to flush, and she looks at the ground. "Ell! Do that in front of us again, and I swear I'll kill you!" Ross says. I feel Peyton move a little in my arms. "Pey don't worry. He isn't going to do it. I promise you." I whisper to her, and then hug her. She smiles and we head downstairs. She starts to squirm some more. Rocky looks at her. "Princess are you okay? Come here." He says taking her from me. "Yea." She says. "Just didn't want Ryland holding you?" He asks. "Maybe." She says. "Hey! What did I ever do to you?!?!" I ask. "Nothing... " She says giggling slightly. I feel something crawling on my back, to my shoulder. I look and see it was a tarantula on my shoulder. I scream and push it off. "You little demon. " I say tickling her. The guys are laughing up a storm. "Nice one Pey!" Rocky says kissing her cheek. "Ratliff helped me. It was his tr.. spider." She says. "You." I growl. I knee him in the round tables.  He falls down to the ground in pain. "Dude! What was that for?" He asks with pain in his voice.  "For pranking me. " "She helped me!" "I know, man. But I wouldn't hurt a cute, adorable girl." I say messing up her hair. "Man... know I have to go and brush it again. " She says. Rocky sets her down, and she runs upstairs. "She could and should get a hair cut." I say.

Peyton's pov:

I run upstairs and into my room. I see Rydel picking up my stuffed Rocky. "Delly, what's ya doing?" I ask. "Picking up Rocky. Who messed up your hair?" She asks. "Ryland did." "Come here, I'll fix it." She sets me down on the chair, and grabs my hairbrush. Rydel starts to brush my hair, softly, knowing I'd cry if she pulled. She gets to a spot where it hurts really, really bad. I start to cry. "Shh... baby. Its gonna hurt. I'll try not to hurt you." She says as she slowly pulls through it. She looks at me. "You need a hair cut. Its all the way to your middle back. Maybe we'll get it cut after your birthday. Okay?" I nod my head. "I'll pull it up for now." She pulls my hair back into a ponytail. "Peyton!!! Time to go! Its getting late!" Rocky yells up to me. I run down the stairs,  and I see that he has his arms wide open. Or someone is there with their arms wide open. I don't care who they are, I just jump into their arms. I look up and see Raitlff staring down at me. "Now was that fun?" He asks wrapping his arms around me a little tighter. "Yes." I say placing my arms around his neck. He kisses my cheek. "Hold your arms out. You need a jacket. " He says as Rocky comes back with my pink one. Ratliff sets me down,  and Rocky helps me put my jacket on. "Leggo Princess." He says picking me up.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and snuggle my head into his neck. I feel loved, wanted and welcomed for the first time, ever in my whole life. Soon I start to drift off into sleep, as we start to walk to the Ice Cream place. I feel Rocky try and put up his hood, but my head blocks him from doing that. He just pulls it over my head, so I feel once again, loved, wanted, and welcomed.