Chapter 24: Mars to the Rescue!

Mars POV
"You look like something out of a dollar store." I yelled at the guy blocking my entrance to what I thought was Lyler. 

The guy towered at least a foot and a half over me with a scar across his nose and an evil glint in his eye. To be honest, my dollar tree insult probably wasn't put to best use this time.  I mean the guy looked like he ate baby pandas for breakfast.

"Watch your mouth little girl." The panda water growled, "Wouldn't want you getting squished, now would we?"

"You're right. Being squished does sound gross, especially if it's by you." I smirked and aimed my launcher for his head.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you little miss." He laughed and it sounded like a werewolf on crack in the middle of screaming in pain from shifting for the first time.

   I ignored his warning and shot a potato aimed right for his big dumb head. It hit his head and fell to the ground with a dull thump. The guy didn't even budge, he only looked angry. His face was turning a reddish-purple and he looked very constipated.

"Hey big buddy, are you okay? Will number two not come out?" I tried my hardest to keep my laughter in but I failed miserably. My laughter echoed off the walls of the hallway I was in as I clutched my sides but it didn't last long.

The next thing I know, I'm on the ground with the guy towering over me. His breathing was heavy and ragged. It reminded me of an angry mother bear after someone who stole her cubs. Suddenly the guy was a bit scarier. I backed up slightly and glanced behind him to the door. If I could get up fast enough I could dodge around him and into the room.

   "Why'd you stop laughing, little miss?" He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow.

   "Because you're not funny." I grunted, my eyes fixed on the door behind him.

   "Of course, it's only funny when it happen to someone else." I glanced up at him just in time to see one of his fist come flying in my direction.

    I rolled over to my right and realized this was my chance to run to the door. Using all of my strength I leaped to my feet and hit the ground running. All of my hope was riding on Lyler being behind that door, and if he wasn't whoever was in there was going to get a potato to the face. I made it to the door just as the giant of a guy had turned around. I yanked open the door and was thankful it was unlocked. I shoved myself through the door and slammed the door shut just as the big guy came running at the door like an angry rhino.

   I took a deep breath and turned around to look around the bright white room. My eyes didn't get very far, right smack in front of me was Lyler. He was in a cell not much different from the ones Mark, Leo, and I had been chunked in. A small gasp escaped my lips when I saw what shape he was in and I rushed over to the room and placed my palms against the cold glass.

   "Lyler." I breathed out his name and to my surprise, he looked up. His eyes widened and he ran up to the glass to place his hand against the glass, aligned with mine. 

   "Are you okay?" When he spoke he sounded tiered and out of breath, like he just ran a four miles in the flaming sun without stopping.

   "I think I should be the one asking you that." I frowned and looked over at the keypad. The memory of Leo using his bracelet to unlock the door. "I'll get you out of there." 

   "And how do you plan to do that?" Lyler looked hopeless and out of breath.

   "I-I'm not sure yet. My usually fabulous brain has decided to take a nap." I mumbled as I looked around the room frantically. I could hear the big guy banging on the door I had shut in his face. My heart picked up pace slightly as panic began to creep its way into my head.

   The banging on the door stopped abruptly and I turned my head toward the now silent door, waiting for the guy to come bursting through it at any second. All of the sudden the door flung open and two figures rushed in. I didn't think, I just reared back my fist and was about to punch one of the two figures in to next week when a voice stopped me in my tracks.

   "Mars, it's us." I paused and actually looked at the strangers who had busted in and I let my hand drop to my side. Leo stood about a foot in front of me with Marks arm around his shoulder, supporting most of his weight.

~~~~~~~~~~

    Hello readers. I know, I know. I haven't updated in like two weeks and i'm so very sorry. I don't know why but I though I had already updated last Saturday. My friend then informed me that I hadn't. I had to check about four times before I believed it, so I wrote this entire chapter in under an hour. I'm positive there are spelling mistakes in it and I'm sorry but once i'm done with the story I will go through and edit all of the chapters. Again, I am very sorry for the whole week skip. Anyways here is chapter 24! enjoy.