Chapter 19: One Down

Mark's POV

   We were so close to his saucer shaped ship(try saying that five times fast) I could practically touch it, if only my hands weren't bound together. I looked around the room and sighed in relief once I noticed that we were the only ones in there.  

   "Lyler, you did it!" Marissa cheered quietly as he untied her wrist and then Leo's who untied mine.

   "Yeah, I know." He tried to act cool but I could tell my best friends words effected him even though he was an alien and I couldn't tell if he was blushing or not.

   "Alright lets get you guys on that ship." The words barely made it out of his mouth before he was slammed to the ground.

   I had hardly processed what had happen when I too was shoved to the ground. Someone was on top of me tying my hands back together. The same thing was happening to my two friends. I watched as they took Marissa's launcher and I could see the tears in her eyes. I felt a sharp pain in my neck and my vision began to blur. I woke up in a small room that was, of course, white. The huge glass wall was the only thing that wasn't white. In front of me, in another small cell was Leo, still in his alien form. Beside him was Marissa but I couldn't find Lyler.

   "Leo!" I yelled and slammed my fist against the glass wall but he didn't look up. 

   After minutes of trying he finally looked up and noticed me. A smile lit up his face and said something I couldn't hear. I scrunched up my nose and raised my hands as to say 'what'. He sighed and began to breath on the glass. Once it was fogged up he began to write on it but it took some time because he had to write backwards.

  Are you okay?  He looked at me expectantly so I nodded and began to write back. What do we do now? Marissa was still passed out, there was no sight of our new alien friend, and we had been captured. I felt utterly defeated and helpless. We make a plan. He wrote and then shrugged.  I began to write back but stopped short when I saw three men in uniforms walking toward us. I began to wipe the glass with my hand as fast as I could. Leo gave me a weird look until he saw the men. He then began to copy my movements.  

   "Hello, my name is Dorian." Grinned the intimidating  guy in the front. I wasn't sure how I could hear him.  "You three are quite feisty. We thought we would have long since caught you, but we under estimated you. The vents, I would have never thought of that. Tight spaces." He shuddered.

    After a moment of silence he continued. "I wonder why two humans would be running around with an alien." He tapped a finger on his chin. "Most would be scared of seeing an extraterrestrial up close. No sane person would keep it secret." 

   "I guess that means I'm not sane." I shrugged, not knowing he could hear me.

   "Oh," He raised an eyebrow, "The little one speaks."

   I could feel my temperature rising. I hate it when people make fun of my shortness. "I am not that short."

   "Keep dreaming shorty." He laughed. It took all I had in me to keep in my anger as I replied, "I will."

   "Awe, you're cute when your angry." He cooed and I gripped my hands into tight fist. "You might not look like that for much longer though. Guards, grab him." 

   The guards made their way into my futuristic jail cell and tried to take a hold of me. The first guy grabbed my wrist and without hesitation I placed my other hand on his and twisted my wrist so I could grab the guards and placed my elbow to his and twisted my hands as hard as I could. He cried out in pain and released me. The second guy grabbed me by the shirt and began to drive me backwards. I grabbed both of his wrist and yanked them down, forcing him to release me.

   I tried to make a run for it but the intimidating guy who insulted my shortness grabbed my wrist and twisted it behind me. I yelped and ducked slightly, trying to lessen the pain.

   "Feisty are we?" he laughed, "To bad for you. You're gonna answer all our questions whether we have to beat it out of you or not." He began to drag me down the hall away from my friends and I looked back to see Leo desperately trying to beat his way out of his cell. He looked up at me and mouthed something I couldn't understand as Dorian dragged me to the left and down another hallway.