The Final Chapter

Ariana's POV

Five months later

frankie (sms):
Baby girl, you've got another guesting tonight. just wanna remind you

"guesting?" i asked myself as i eat a pint of strawberry flavored ice cream on the couch. "i don't remember having a schedule of guesting for tonight or for any day this week."

i don't know if they didn't tell me or if i'm simply getting old.

why didn't anybody tell me?

i reply and get a quick text from frankie.

maybe u forgot? just get ready. someone's gonna pick you up later :)

"okay?"

i head to my closet and pick a red dress. i readied my make up kit and my everything before taking a shower.

actually, before anything else — i grabbed my cellphone and messaged my beautiful beau.

babe. i got guesting ☹️ i didn't even know. anyway, see you tomorrow? i already miss you. face time me? after the show? and be a supportive boyf. okay? watch me on tv. love you my baby boo 💘

then i went in the shower and made it quick since i'd be facing the mirror for 3 hours? probably?

my grande team aren't here. because i guess they don't know too. and i don't know either. which means and definitely means that this isn't planned at all. it's like getting hungry and just going for a walk down the street to eat whatever you see first. it's so out of the blue. but do i even have a choice?

after taking a shower, i put on my robe and covered myself first so it won't be a mess once i'm in the process of glamming.

i don't admit it, but i love doing my own make up. i love the smell of the foundation, doing art with my eye color, putting on some fake lashes, doing my eyebrows (well duh, brows for life!!), the blush, the lip color, contouring... well not much but i love basically everything about make up.

as i was doing my make up, i turned on some music. i played 'that's what i like' by bruno mars.

this is my new jam. i couldn't stop moving my hips cos it's just — i don't know what. i love it!

i sing along as i go on.

" 🎶 jump in the Cadillac, girl, let's put some miles on it. anything you want, just to put a smile on it, you deserve it baby, you deserve it all and I'm gonna give it to you 🎶 wooh, yeah that's how you do it." i mutter and just join my body with the beat.

after putting highlighter and finishing my nude-colored lips, i did my hair on my own, tying it tightly just how i want it. and there i go. i waited for the car to fetch me and before doing so, i tried to call justin.

after approximately five long rings, he answered the call, "hello?"

"are you alright? did you just wake up? you sound like you just woke up. i'm sorry. should i call you later?" i said in one quick sentence.

i heard him laugh at the end. "it's okay baby. i did wake up just now."

"aw.." as i was talking to him, i played with my hair brush. "tiring day?"