Chapter 1.

...time. I had so much of it. I didn't know where I was going, what I was doing. Or as my friends stated, what I 'should' be doing at my age. I know I should be settled, secure and experienced in a stable life. But I just couldn't adjust. I knew there was something more to it. I knew I lived my entire 34 years as though I was waiting for it to all officially begin; like I was just waiting, for what I don't know but just waiting. I never committed to anything, for fear of whatever it was I was waiting for might clash or intrude.

I went to work everyday, I created projects to keep me busy in my downtime and I just embraced life's activities on impulse. A random impulse came that night.

I had been working out that the gym, kinda motivated but at the same time just over it all, fed up. I slowed my peddling on the exercise bike, sat up straight and brought my phone up close to my face, squinting at my playlist, ear buds sitting snug in my ears. I flicked through the songs, paused and then hit play on The Veronicas, If You Love Someone. I let their voices take me away to a land of song and dance. In my usual fantasy I'm bringing a microphone to my lips, softly singing the lines of the song. Staring into the eyes of the beautiful woman next to me. She grins, awaiting her line of the chorus to come up, our Veronicas duet that we had sung a thousand times, yet giggled our way through it each time. The beauty winked at me, I smiled through my lines and then she joined in. Nudging me with her elbow, '...then tell them right now...' staring at me with her gorgeous eyes as she belts out the ballad.
I lose myself in my daydream that I had replayed over and over, sometimes tweaked, sometimes the same, but each time it ends the same way. We lean in and kiss, holding each other, I breathe her in deeply. The blonde beauty pulls away from my lips, grazes my nose with hers and and then whispers, 'I love you.' It always made me smile. I didn't care what others thought of me as I stared of into space with a big grin on my face. I finished up my workout and headed to the car, taking the long route home, just for more time to think about her, add more to my fantasy. Sometimes I would even sing whatever romantic song came to mind, out loud, pausing for the imaginary girl who would be singing her parts.