Chapter Twenty-Two: Love Sick

Alois' POV

I woke up next to something warmish, my arms wrapped around it. I smiled contently, my mind still groggy and slow from sleep.
Then my mind returned for la-la-land, and into reality. My face suddenly turned a bright, vivid red, heck, even the tips for my ears grew hot. I was in bed with and cuddling a sleeping Ciel! Surely this was dream?! Memories of last night then flooded my mind, and I could feel myself blushing even harder. I had kissed Ciel, and he had kissed back, he in fact was on top of me by the end of the night! Some dirty, animalistic part of my mind wished it had gone further...
Ciel stirred, waking, and I just covered my face with my hands to hide my flushed complexion, though I moved a few fingers to allow me to see Ciel's reaction, which wasn't half as nonchalant as I expected, in fact, closer to mine. Ciel sat up, and I eventually followed the suit.
We sat in silence for some time, it and my word was it awkward... And then came the realisation... If anybody ever found out we would be locked up in prison, not mention the Phantomhive and Trancy names would be tarnished, and what about Lady Midford... Were Ciel and Lady Midford still engaged? I didn't want to ask, as it was quite personal, but I didn't want to get in the way of anything... Come to think of it, I really hadn't heard from or about her at all... I buried my face in my hands again, trying to keep my sobs quiet. We were going to get thrown into jail, we were going to have our names ruined, and we were never going to be able to continue our relationship. I had finally had one reason to be truly happy and that reason was illegal.
"W-we're going to b-be sent to j-jail for this..." I yelped. I heard Ciel sigh, before he moved and wrapped his arms around me.
"Not if no one finds out. If we don't try anything in front of anyone no one will know. We know there's nothing wrong with it really, and that's all that matters, to **** with the ludicrous laws!" I could help but smile, I never thought I'd hear Ciel say something along the lines of 'who cares about the law?'.
"Now, shall I make a start on breakfast?" he asked. I nodded, and Ciel left after putting his boots and what not on, but not before I gave him a peck on the cheek. So this was what it felt like to be love-sick...

A/N: Sorry this was short, I didn't know what to write about, but I wanted to publish something, so here you go! Also, shout out to Bluebells_killme and M__Neko-Chan for all their votes and lovely comments! They are also part of the Black butler fandom and are amazing writers so go and check out their accounts!
Until next time my fellow nerds and otakus, serpent author out!🐉