Chapter Eleven: The Orchestra of the Storm

Ciel's POV (I know, I'm sorry)

I walked into Alois' bedroom, finding him lying asleep on his bed. I decided to just let him rest, tucking him under the covers, he needed the sleep anyway.
I cleared away the glass and bottle, eyeing it myself, before deciding that it was Alois' wine, not mine, and I needed to remain completely sober if I was to go about my duties as normal.

I found myself aggressively ridding the garden of weeds, trying not to tire myself too much, as I didn't want to collapse from an asthma attack, especially at a time like this, but doing it with enough vigour and haste to let out my pent up emotions.
I looked up at the sky angrily, dark clouds were approaching from overhead, a storm was likely approaching. I decided to go back inside, going in and checking on Alois, who was still spark out in his bed. I found myself looking at him for longer than absolutely necessary, taking in every detail of him. Pale skin, fluffy blonde hair, slim frame, and though I couldn't see them I knew he had a pair of pretty ice blue eyes...
I shook my head to clear such pointless thoughts from my mind, going and sitting down in an armchair.
I lit the fire, curling up on the chair I had taken up residence on, beginning to drift off. I knew I shouldn't sleep, but it had been so long since I had, and besides, it wasn't like Alois would wake up for some while...

A clap of thunder shook me from my sleeping state, jolting me back into reality. I went to go and check in Alois again (I was starting to make a habit out of it...) only to find him curled up and shaking in one of the corners of the room, tears leaking from his tired, sea foam blue eyes. For the third time that day I felt a painful pulling sensation in my stomach, except it was worse than ever.
My body acted before my mind and I wrapped my arms around the sobbing Alois for the second time this week. He clung onto me for dear life as the wind and thunder howled and roared outside like lions and wolves. Rain threw itself at the window pain creating a racket akin to claws across wood. Branches of trees thrashed, snapped and collided, only adding to the orchestra of the storm.
"C-Ciel! I-I saw him! I saw him!" Alois yelled over the caterwauling of the storm.
"Who?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm.
"C-Claude!" He cried out.
I attempted to untangle myself from the hysterical blonde to investigate apparent sighting, though he remained attached to my side.
I walked towards the window with a quivering Alois still firmly clasping my arm. I looked out into the disturbed, swirling ocean of darkness, leaves and rain, lightning occasionally scampering across the sky, illuminating the grounds. Shadows danced across the front lawn like ghostly figures, though I could see no trace of topaz eyed demon, nor could I sense his presence.
"I think you're just imagining things Lord Trancy," I assured, though that did little to calm the distraught earl, as he only dissolved into another chorus of tears.

I stayed with Alois until some unearthly hour of the morning, when the storm finally died down and he fell asleep on my lap.
The silence fell over the house like a blanket, the quiet ushering the memories of last night away. I relaxed, peace finally restored. I gently placed Alois back under the covers, again leaving him to rest.
The threat of Claude still loomed on the horizon, circling us like vultures, though I decided to make the most of the moment, temporarily pushing the thought of Alois' former butler from my head. I gave Alois one final glance before going to make breakfast. All was still again...