Chapter Four: Lord Trancy

No one's POV

Alois was asleep, exhausted, and Ciel was preparing dinner. He had been taught to cook by Sebastian, in fact he'd been taught much of how to be a butler by Sebastian. As Ciel chopped up vegetables he found his mind wandering to the fact that - as loathed as he was to admit it - he missed his demon butler. Sebastian had been so big of a part of his life for so long, before Ciel had finally torn himself away from the demon, which Ciel found had almost left a hole inside of him. Ciel even begrudgingly and shamefully recalled that for ages after seperating himself from his butler, he felt compelled to back to Sebastian, or call for his aid - purely out of habit. Indeed, he had still crossed paths with his fellow demon once or twice, though these times were generally short lived. From what Ciel understood Sebastian now spent most of his time that annoying Grell man who claimed to be a girl, and who has consistently harassed him. Sebastian was a peculiar man sometimes...

Ciel placed dinner on the table, before wandering upstairs to wake up Alois. Ciel pushed open Alois' door, only to see young blonde sprawled out in his bed, very much awake. Ciel walked into the room and towards his new master, who gazed uncertainly back at him. "Dinner is ready, your highness," Ciel stated in a monotone voice.
Suddenly Alois sat bolt upright in under a second, shot Ciel with a glare filled with so much anguish, passion and melancholy it made even Ciel's cold, dead heart skip a beat. "Do no call me that! And that is an order!" Alois howled, shaking slightly, tears beginning to form in the corner of his eyes, though the flash anger was quickly gone, and replaced with regret. Alois slumped before curling up into a ball, and began to cry, and Ciel could only act as a spectator to Alois' rapidly changing moods
"I-I'm sorry... I- that's what C-Claude always called me..." Alois sobbed. Ciel wasn't entirely sure how to react, he couldn't actually touch his master without permission, and he couldn't even remember the last time he'd hugged someone... Having said all that, Alois had managed to rapidly descend into hysterics, and was now sitting with his head buried in his knees as he sobbed and moaned. Ciel uncertainly sat next to Alois on the earl's bed, awkwardly wrapping his arms around the hysterical boy. He soon felt Alois' arms tightly around his chest, Alois burying his face in Ciel's shirt, his nails digging slightly into his butler's back. And Ciel let him. He couldn't actually push Alois away, the unstable blonde was, after all, now his master, for better or worse.
It was roughly five minutes before Alois calmed down, by then dinner was likely cold... "What do you wish for me to refer to you as?" Ciel asked. Alois took a deep, shuddering breath then wiped away his tears, blinking the last of moisture away.
"Just Lord Trancy," Alois replied quietly, his eyes bloodshot and puffy from crying.
"Lord Trancy, dinner may be cold by now, do you wish for me to heat it up for you?" Ciel commented, trying to keep all emotion from his voice.
"It doesn't matter..." Alois replied dejectedly, finishing his transition from far too much emotion to none at all.

Ciel watched Alois stare at the food on his plate as if he wasn't sure what it was. The young butler was aware that Alois had scarcely eaten, but after the events of that day, coupled with the fact Alois - by the looks of things - had eaten little since Claude left, the earl couldn't have been expected to eat much regardless. Ciel wordlessly removed the uneaten food, and his mind switched to the next task, ah yes... he would then have to... Bathe, his master... Though it was part of his duties as a butler to do so, it was also his duties to dress, and more importantly undress his master... But Ciel was not the type to go back on his word, as he had said, for better or worse Alois was his master.

The tension between the two as Ciel undressed Alois was so thick you could probably have cut it like butter.
Ciel silently removed Alois' various garments, leaving him only in his underwear. The colour the pair's faces had turned rivalled that of a tomato, but Ciel went ahead with it despite this, he was determined to be as good, if not better, than Sebastian and Claude, for the sake of his pride and dignity, obviously.

A/N: Firstly, humongous shout out to Makord  for all of their lovely comments. They are also a Black Butler fan and an amazing writer so go and show them some love!
Secondly, do people want me to spare them the details of the bathing scene, baring in mind I don't write lemons or smut so it will be neither of those things, but I will write about it if it's requested.
Until next time my fellow nerds and otakus, serpent author out!🐉