13 ~

The next morning, I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Immediately, the events of last night came back to my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about Marc and I's little kiss while I was getting ready for the day. It was Sunday, which meant I was going to my parents' house for lunch.

I was looking forward to seeing Lilly and Leo and of course, my parents.

When I rang the doorbell, I still had that stupid smile on my face which didn't seem to disappear.

"Oh there you are, Mae! We've been waiting for you. Dinner is already done.", my mum told me after opening the door. "Thank god, I'm starving!", I laughed and made my way towards the kitchen. "It smells amazing mom."

I quickly helped my mom to prepare the dinner table and sat down next to my brother.

"Hey there!" When I spoke to him, he looked up from his phone. "Hey."

Well, that's typical. Leo's 16 and the only things on his mind right now were partying, girls and soccer. I don't blame him, though. I've been through puberty and I was the exact same. Except I had boys on my mind, not girls.

"There you go.", my mom said while putting down the last bowl on the table. After that she sat down and everyone began to put food on their plates. We ate in silence and after a while, everyone was done. My brother and dad went to the living room to watch a soccer match and I helped my mom cleaning in the kitchen.

"So it's been a couple days since your break up with David, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, mom. Really, you don't have to worry about me." I smiled at her. I know my mom really liked David and she was concerned that I wasn't feeling good after the break up. "I'm putting all my energy into my new job and I don't really have time to think about something else right now."

"Alright, ok, so you're not seeing someone right now?"

"What? No! You heard me, I'm concentrating on my career now."

"Sorry, Mae, I just ... I don't know I just want my little girl to be happy, but I'm glad you're working hard.", my mom said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"But you would tell me if there is someone you like, right?"

"Sure mom." I gave her my best smile, but on the inside I was getting slightly nervous. It's insane how much those little moments with Marc influence me.

"Come on, we'll watch the soccer game."

With that, my mom walked out of the kitchen and I follow her towards the living room.

When I walked into my classroom on Monday morning, none of my students were there yet so I took out my laptop and checked my mails before class was going to start.

I had a mail from Mr. Jefferson. It included information about the upcoming fieldtrip. I now knew the exact date and the schedule. We were going to some museums, but there was also some free time. There was a knock on the door and after a couple of seconds, Miss Adams, one of the principal's secretarys walked in.

"Good morning Miss Hemmings. I have these papers that the senior students have to sign for the field trip. Could you please give them to your English class?" she smiled at me.

"Sure, no problem!" I answered and took the papers. We said our goodbyes and soon, my students began to walk in.

At the end of class, I asked the students to stay behind.

"Ok guys, I do have these papers that the principal needs you to sign for the field trip. It will be taking place at the end of September. The papers also include the schedule and the bank information for the money you need to pay. Please give the signed papers back to me as soon as possible." I handed out the papers and when it was Marc's turn, he smiled at me. Without thinking, I smiled back, but I quickly looked away after realizing what I was doing.

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. I had a lot of work to do outside of school. Preparing classes, correcting pop quizzes... It was more than I expected, but I was still very happy with my decision to become a teacher. Since I was in high school, I was very interested in literature and therefore decided to study and become a teacher myself so I could talk about what I love every day and teach children, or young adults, the things that I enjoy.

On Friday, I helped my mother in the garden. It was something I did for as long as I can remember. We were so caught up in our work that we completely forgot about the time. Suddenly, my mom looked up at me.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot about picking up Lilly! What time is it sweetie?" I laughed at my mom before taking out my phone to check the time. "It's only half past four. Aren't you supposed to pick her up at six?"

"Oh thank god!" she said and knelt down to work on the flowers again. I really love my mom, but she honestly has no sense of time...

"Maybe you can pick her up? When I dropped Lilly off, Giselle told me she would like to see you again!" I thought about it for a minute, before accepting her offer.

Half an hour later, I cleaned up my hands that were covered in dirt and got my car keys. "Mom, I'm going to pick up Lilly now!" I shouted so that my mom, who was still in the garden, could hear me.

Ten minutes later I stood in front of the Brown's front door. A couple of seconds after I rang the doorbell, it was opened by Giselle.

"Hey Mae! Nice to see you. The girls are upstairs in Emma's room." She smiled at me and closed the door after I walked in. Right after she said that, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I walked towards the nooise and saw Emma. "Hey there Emma!"

"Hi Mae! You wanna come and see my room?" she asked with a sweet smile on her face. "Sure!" I started walking up the stairs and followed Emma into her room, where Lilly was sitting on the bed. It looked like they were playing with the same dolls they had when I picked up Lilly from kindergarten.

"You want to play with us? Please Mae, I don't wanna go home yet!" I sat down beside my sister and took a doll that was on the bed. "Okay, if Emma wants me to play with you."

"Yes!" Emma yelled.

In the middle of playing with the girls, there was a knock on the door. Emma told the person to come in and the door was opened. Marc stepped into the room. "I thought I heard your voice" he said while looking at me.

"Hey. I'm just here to pick up Lilly, but the girls wanted me to play with them for a while." I felt the weird feeling in my stomach again. For a couple of days now, this feeling always appeared when I was thinking about Marc or saw him in class.

"Maybe you want to come and see my room, too?" Marc asked me while raising one of his eyebrows.

Go to his room? With him? Alone?

Don't forget to vote and comment:)
Much love from Germamy