His Grilfriend

"So where are you taking me?" Mel smirked looking over at Corey. His hands tightened on the steering wheel. He took her breath away with each glance. There was something about watching a man drive that really made her heart flutter, especially when it was him.

"It's a secret." He smiled back giving her a side glance. If it weren't for the fact that he was driving, and he cared very much about Mel's safety, he would have looked at her until they had driven off of the edge of the road.

The car ride lasted a lot longer than Mel expected and she found herself gently dozing off like a small child. It was way past her bed time.

"Wake up sleepy'ead we're here." Corey chuckled patting the small girl on her thigh.

Mel gasped, "I'm up! I wasn't even asleep? I was just... resting my eyes." Mel lied.

"Right and I'm in love with your friend Thomas."

Mel would have continued with the lighthearted banter for a while longer, until she realized where they were.

"It's the Eye." She whispered.

"That's right and we've got the key to operate it." Corey smirked pulling out a small key ring with a single gold key dangling from it.

She smiled, "So what are we waiting for?"

--

"How do you have access to this thing?" Mel asked as Corey guided them into the entrance of the popular tourist attraction.

"I know people in high places. Literally." Corey laughed at his unintentional pun. The truth was when Corey was younger his mom forced him to get a real job just to see what it was like. He thought working a Ferris wheel seemed pretty easy, and although it proved that this just wasn't the job for him, slowly he became good friends with the owners.

"Whatever!" Mel giggled with excitement. "You know I've never actually been to this thing. Like I know it's a touristy thing to do but I don't know.. I've just always wanted to ride it but never got around to it I suppose." Mel admitted looking up at the gigantic Ferris wheel. It's colours lit up the dark London sky like an American firework display.

"Well tonight's your lucky day then huh?" Corey smirked as if he held all the solutions to Mel's problems in the palm of his hand. "I hope you're not afraid of heights." He then began to walk them into one of the carts holding Mel's hand along the way.

"A giant spinning wheel in the sky isn't very discreet Corey." Mel whispered after a while. They were almost halfway up and the world beneath them seemed so far away now.

Corey smirked ignoring her statement. He knew it would be fine. "So you never told me about your book. What in it made you cry?" He asked looking down at her. Her plump lips formed a frown.

"After getting dumped, the main character Lily was doing so well Corey. She had gotten so used to being alone again and she was happy." She breathed.

"Well that doesn't sound too bad."

"It was great actually, and then he showed up at the same cafe shop as her months later with a new lover. It's just not fair, and I don't know it just got me thinking." Mel paused. She didn't know if she should share this with him, but she decided to anyways. "Back home I had this good thing going with Thomas and then I left it all to be with you. And when I showed up to save him by your side, in your car... I wonder if that's how he felt. I think he feels like it's not fair."