Thomas

The next day at the shop was lonely without Mel. So lonely in fact that Thomas found himself daydreaming of what he would say if he ever proposed to her. He imagined he'd hide the ring in something cheesy like a cupcake and give it to her in a fancy restaurant so that when he proposed, and when she said yes, the entire room would erupt with congratulations and applause.

Thomas could have stayed in that daydream until closing time if it weren't for the costumer who just walked in.

"Hey can I help you with any-" Thomas didn't even finish his sentence before the intruder came behind the counter and roughly punched him in the face.

It all happened so fast.

Then everything was black.

--

The morning after Mel's abrupt night with Corey she woke up feeling nervous.

How could she face him after he had practically seen her naked? How could she face anyone, she thought.

Getting out of his bed she quietly made her way into Corey's bathroom and did her morning routine. It was weird not having to water her plants or feed Daisy and she made a mental note to ask Thomas to do it for her. That reminded her, Thomas!

Walking back into the room she threw on a random tan jumper and jeans before checking her phone to see if she had any messages from him and to her surprise there were none.

Sighing she sent him a quick text saying that her gran was fine and that she would be home before he knew it before placing it back in the convenient pocket that was on the front of her jumper.

Sitting back on the bed she nervously fumbled with her thick curly hair trying to get it to do something cute and presentable but after a few minutes she gave up and put it in a low bun at the nape of her neck.

"You gonna tell her?" A small female voice said in the opposite room.

It was so feint, almost a whisper and if Mel wasn't just sitting there in complete silence she wouldn't have even heard it. Getting up from the bed she pressed her ear against the closed door, noticing that it was closed for the first time this morning which was weird because it was open when Corey left last night.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know, it's her friend... She deserves to know Corey."

"You seriously think I should tell her. What if she can't handle it and tells the police and dad finds out she's here Reba, what then?" Corey voice rang in an annoyed whisper.

"Oh yeah, because you're thinking about her right now and not yourself." The girls voice retorted louder.

"Shut up before she hears you."

"Whatever you better fix this Corey."

"I will. I always do."

Wanting to know what they were talking about Mel took a deep breath before entering the living room.

"Oh hey! She's up!" Corey stated sending who Mel assumed was his twin sister Reba a warning glance. As if mentally telling her to be quiet.

"Hey!" Reba chirped standing up from the couch to walk over and give Mel a huge hug.

"Umm hi." Mel smiled giving her an awkward hug back.

"She's so cute just like you said!" The tall girl smiled. She really did look like Corey they had the same bone structure and dark hair, only she was more tan than he was and her left eye was slightly green which contrasted her other brown one.