He's Dead

As they drove to the location that Andy gave them, Mel felt a knot grow in her stomach. She hoped that everything would go smoothly and she especially prayed that Thomas was safe.

"So this is it?" Mel whispered as Corey pulled his car beside an old children's playground.

"Yeah." He breathed stopping the car. Damien pulled up beside them.

"Now what?" Mel questioned looking around. The area seemed pretty run down and desolate which made Mel slightly stir uneasily in her seat.

"Now we wait."

A prolonged 20 minutes later, Mel's small phone received a call.

"Give it to me." Corey stated and Mel did as she was told, handing over the small metal device.

She tried to make out what the voice on the other line said, but it was no use.

"The money is in a black bag." Corey mumbled through the phone.

"No I'll give you the fucking money when you hand over Thomas, alive and well."

"Okay." He said before hanging up the phone.

"What did he say?" Mel questioned.

Ignoring her question Corey jumped out of the car to grab the black duffle bag from the boot.

"Corey what did he say?!" Mel persisted once he had re entered the car, locking the doors behind him.

"He said to leave the cash over by they old swing set, in exchange for your boyfriend." He smirked, and began opening the bag.

"This isn't funny Corey!" Mel yelled rolling her eyes but they instantly widened once she saw the contents of the bag. Bundles upon bundles of money, more than she could ever dream of, and Corey was taking it all out of it.

"I can't do it."

"Corey what are you doing?" She asked worried.

"I can't fucking do it!" He yelled taking out more stacks of money and throwing it under his front seat.

"Corey stop! What are you doing! We need that money!"

"That scumbags not getting shit! Stay here and let me handle this." He hissed zipping up the now empty bag and leaving the car.

Corey thought he could give up his money, but the bile building up in his throat proved other wise. He thought he had it all planned out, but he was just going to have to improvise this one.

"Get out." He stated tapping on Damien's door.

"What's up have you spoken to him?" Damien asked exiting his car. Mel could only watch as the two boys conversed in silence.

"If he thinks he's getting my money he's got another thing coming?"

"Alright mate what are you thinking?"

"The bags empty so just stay close, in case he finds out before we can get Thomas and leave."

"And if he finds out?"

Corey shot him an all too familiar glance, "then you know what to do."

--

Andy was an amateur at things like this, so he figured it would be best to bring his trusty knife. Parking the car a block away from the park he proceeded to walk to the swing set with Thomas in toe.

"If you ruin this for me I'll kill you." Andy hissed grabbing a tight hold on Thomas's arm.

Thomas felt awful, never in his life did he expect to be in this situation. Kidnapped and confused like a small child. He almost felt embarrassed at the fact that he listened to his predators every word, but he was just so afraid. His head ached and his wrist hurt from the rope that Andy had tied harshly around them. He wanted to cry, but he wouldn't let himself.