Realising The Truth - Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

“Lucy! Did you just swear?” I heard Mrs M ask in shock. Lucy flashed her an apologetic look. I pulled Lucy into an unexpected hug, her watermelon perfume overwhelming me, “Thank you, I just needed someone to make me see straight.”

Lucy let out a muffled laugh, “It’s alright, the boy would have probably told you himself if he had any balls,” she grumbled before marching over to the vending machine. I gave Chloe a snort, that girl was quite a character but I really did admire her.

“Morrison family?” a tired voice spoke, he was wearing the surgeons uniform, glasses pushed down to the bridge of his nose. His eyes searching the room, I watched as the Mr and Mrs M made their way to him. I buried my face into Chloe’s neck, I couldn’t watch.

“Macy.”

“Macy!”

I shut my eyes, life seems better not knowing any news. Not knowing if it was bad or good, because my reaction would depend on the news that the surgeon held – and I expected the bad. “Mace! He’s in icu, stable condition,” Chloe’s voice rung into my ears, I let out a breath of relief as tears began to flow again – god I was an emotional wreck.

“It’s alright, come on lets go get some coffee in you,” Chloe soothed as she directed me from the icu unit.

Chloe’s p.o.v

“Is she alright?” Ryan asked, his voice booming through loud speaker. Selena chimed in, “Yeah I feel so bad I haven’t gone to see her, things have been major busy!”

I clamped then straightener bringing it down watching my blonde hair straightened, “She hasn’t gone home in 2 days, I tried but she’s so stubborn.” I sighed, ever since the hospital let non family visit Blaze she had slept there.

“Oh, ill bring some lunch to her later,” Ryan murmured, I could hear him rustling around in his kitchen – pots and pans banging. “Yes please check up on her, I cant today because I just got back from work and now I have to go to my funeral.” I rolled my eyes, my date with Luke.

“Funeral?!” Selena squawked. I let out a snort, “Hypothetically, I’ve got a date with Luke.”

“Elton John say what?” I heard the sound of a loud crash as Ryan yelled through the receiver. “I wouldn’t call it date, more like a …”

“Meeting?” Selena suggested, I grunted as I glanced in the mirror. I wore a plain summer tee with shorts. I wasn’t going to look like a pig or get overdressed – it was just Luke. “But yeah back to Mace, im really worried – I heard the doctors talking about Blaze. They think he might have a chance of brain injury.”

“I swear to god, if he wakes up like in The Vow and has no memory of Mace im going to punch him till her remembers,” Ryan threatened sending Selena and me into fits of giggles, “Oh tough guy,” Selena joked, laughter still ringing through the call.

I let out a sigh, “But yeah, just they both don’t deserve this.”

Ryan and Selena both agreed, Blaze was right for Macy. “OI CHLOBEAR!” a voice shouted before a hasty car honk sounded. I threw my window open, head peering outside. I grimanced as I saw the black jeep parked by the side of the road, Luke’s head sticking out of it.

“CHLOE’S NOT HOME!” I yelled back, grabbing my purse and shoes. “HURRY UP PRINCESS! WE HAVE RESERVATIONS!” I could Ryan and Selena gossiping, I ignored them, “Go see Mace, now bye.”

“Good luck! Bye,” the both muttered before I hung up. I ran down the stairs, saying goodbye to mum before I was out the door. “Reservations for what?” I slipped my heels on, adjusting my top. He got down, blue eyes wondering all over me – I watched as he opened the passenger seat like a gentlemen. “Reservations to my bed.”

I gave him a sharp look, “Well looks like your gonna have reservations ALONE.” He let out a silent laugh, pinching my cheek as I attempted to swat his hand, “Im sorry Chloe, but your so adorable to mess with.”

I put my foot into the car, swinging myself onto the seat, “Just let’s get this done and over with,” I snapped before slamming the door shut in front of his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''~~~~~~~~~

No one’s p.o.v

Her red hair was sprawled messily as she lay back in the plastic chair, her eyes tempted to close. She was fighting her sleepiness, coffee in her hand – she couldn’t miss the moment when Blaze woke up, that is if he woke up…

She ran her hand over her face, desperately trying to refresh herself. The small tv across the room blared some black and white film with Charlie Chaplin. Macy tucked her feet onto the uncomfortable chair; she’d been sleeping on this thing for the last 2 nights.

Her eyes flickered over to a pale Blaze, his dark hair made his face seem even more ghost like. No blue eyes were there to great her, no smug look there to say, “I got laid.” Just no Blaze, she was tired from crying, only red rims signified any sign of crying.

Macy let out a sigh as she leaned over and clutched Blaze’s hand, “I probably won’t do this if you wake up because I’m a chicken but I want you to know that you changed my life. And thank you for becoming the worst and best thing in it, thank you for being someone I can trust. Thank you for being an amazing fake boyfriend.”

Macy placed a kiss on his cold forehead; she squirmed as she dodged the wires connected to his body. She placed her clammy hand over his hand again, “Wake up tomorrow!” she whispered as she snuggled into the side of the bed, her eyes closing.