"Whatever you did today, Bhaiya, it's not good, really," Sakshi whispered softly, not wanting to further anger her already enraged brother. Though he had already heard her he remained surprisingly calm, not lashing out at her.

"Arvika!" he called out as soon as he reached her room's doorstep. But the door to her room, and her heart, seemed firmly shut, only stoking his impatience and frustration.

"Listen to me, please," he pleaded, knocking on the door, hoping for just a chance to explain.

But Arvika couldn't hear him. She was confined in the washroom, sitting under the shower, tears mingling with the water, reeling from the dishonouring and degrading incident that had unfolded in front of the whole school. The accusations thrown at her were unjust and shameful. 

Why always her? Why always a girl? Why?

She kept crying, bellowing at the God for making her a girl, for fertilizing her with XX chromosome, for giving her a mother she couldn't relate to, for giving her a family for whom she was just a formality to keep up, why God why she sobbed continuously!

No doubt, the incident was horrendous, but her periods were also taking a toll on her mental health.

"Bhaiya, she won't respond. She's probably locked herself in the shower, letting her tears mingle with the water," Sakshi choked on her words, her own tears now streaming down her cheeks. The onslaught of events had shattered her, leaving her emotionally bruised and overwhelmed.

"God, f**k," Dev cursed lowly and sat against the door, keeping his palm on his face, regretting the decision which he had taken in haste so as to save the dignity of his girl which had backfired at him and that too with intensity and repercussions as adverse as the multiple of thousands!

"Bhaiya, what really happened? Please, tell me. Maybe I can help," Sakshi sat beside her brother, her heart aching at the sight of his distress.

With his voice trembling, Dev recounted the day's events in a rush, his inner turmoil laid bare as he explained the circumstances that led to the scandalous kiss.

"I didn't know what to do, Sakshi. I was overwhelmed, all I wanted was to shield her from any humiliation," Dev's eyes remained closed, haunted by the memory of the day's events. "Those men... they're bad news. After what happened last night, I couldn't bear the thought of them leering at her, making crude remarks."

Dev's eyes remained closed as he replayed the day's riotous events in his mind. Each moment weighed heavily on him, his heart laid bare, raw with emotion. He couldn't shake the worry gnawing at him, the uncertainty of what Arvika might be enduring behind the closed door of the washroom. With every passing second, his concern intensified, imagining the turmoil she might be experiencing. The thought of her alone, grappling with the aftermath of the day's events, was almost unbearable. Would she be crying? Angry? Lost in despair? Dev couldn't fathom it, but the uncertainty gnawed at him, driving him to find a way to reach her, to offer whatever solace he could.

"You love her?" Sakshi's disbelief was intense, her shock mirrored in her eyes as she processed her brother's confession. 

"Of course. Why else would I be in such a state?" Dev's anguish was evident in his voice, the depth of his feelings laid naked for his sister to see.

"Then don't cry. Let's find a way to get inside before she does something rash," Sakshi rallied, her words injecting a newfound determination into her brother.

"Wait, maybe the receptionist has spare keys," Dev was already on his feet, his resolve renewed as he dashed towards the reception area.

Meanwhile, Sakshi continued to knock on the door, her efforts met with silence from within as the other students watched from their rooms, their whispers echoing through the corridor.